What Winch for a road armor bumper and truck?

bigbrdf250

Reaction score
Looking to invest in a winch for my new bumper with winch mount. I don't know what size I can put cause it varies by manufacture(overall size). Need info on what brands to stay away from or what others have and works good or great. Synthetic rope would be nice but not needed so I can stay with cable if need be. I know the larger winches don't use synthetic and said winch will not be used often either,but want it to work when needed. Truck is already heavy and if stuck will be a tad bit heavier also rolling on 38's so more resistance to account for. Thanks for looking

rob05

Reaction score
I have a Warn M15000 and its great. You could go with a 12k winch but I got a smoking deal on the 15k so i went with it. I've never used any other brand so can't comment on them but I've had no problems with my Warn and replacement parts are available if needed. I put synthetic rope on mine and it's the way to go; so much nicer to use then wire.

Reaction score
I put a superwinch tigershark 15500 on my truck. I did not want to spend a bunch of money on something that would not get used much but wanted it to work if needed. I will tell you though the thing is huge.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
10373078_10203451391677307_3668968211285930228_o.jpg

I've got the Warn 16.5TI in mine. Nice winch. Does not come with synthetic line, but I upgraded it to synth line. Spendy, but nice.

Superwinch makes a pretty nice winch too, they are a little heavier (est 20lbs) than the warn, but you have the option to get syn line. The Superwinch are a LOT less expensive than the Warn - like $7-800 less. And their tigershark line is their value lineup and a whole lot less $$.

IMHO Superwinch brings a lot to the table for the $$.

We are dealers for both brands, lmk which you want and we can get them for you.

bigbrdf250

Reaction score
Tricktruck, which superwinch series are u referring to that are good for the money?

Sleepersilverado, have u used ur winch yet? Any issues u foresee? I don't mind saving some money but like u wanna make sure it's good to go when needed.

I was looking at the zeons but damn$$$$$

not enoughsmoke

Reaction score
I have a Rough Country 12k on my trailer I have used it tons and not one problem. It is really a Smitty built winch and it wont break the bank.

Reaction score
Tricktruck, which superwinch series are u referring to that are good for the money?

Sleepersilverado, have u used ur winch yet? Any issues u foresee? I don't mind saving some money but like u wanna make sure it's good to go when needed.

I was looking at the zeons but damn$$$$$

I have not, it is tucked up in their waiting. The tiger shark series from what i have read is super winches budget line and made in china, said china on the box also. I took it apart and it looked good but i don't have anything to compair it to.

I even installed a solenoid at the battery that i turn on with an upfitter switch to turn the winch power on.

Latest posts

Members online