What works and what didnt....

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
I don't think you tow long enough distances to see the benifit of a gv. Probably the same as far as intercoolers go. Exh,chip, intake then wastegate and turbos. It will tow like crazy. I would stick with lower tunes pulling 30 k. II turbos are beneficial for the cost and Elite is coming out with tow master turbos to compete in that price range. You could do it for like 5000.00 in parts. If you could swing the extra for tow powers would be the best IMO.

jkidd_39

Reaction score
What distances does the OP tow? I think a gearvendor would be a great addition. I need one bad. The gain in mileage would basically pay for the GV pretty quick.

I have the extended warranty to 200k so I don't plan on modifying this engine (further) till warranty is out.

But just out of curiosity for a pure hauling standpoint, wouldn't an oil cooler relocation kit w/ better filter be a great option? I think the 6.0 taught us a lot and moving the oil cooler away from the heads would be a great idea, along w/ better filtration of your oil. It's annoying to have to change my oil every 5k vs. 15k on my 7.3 (granted thats an apples vs oranges comparison)

Does anyone haul heavy w/ a set of tow powers or II chargers? How is the pull up 4-6% grades that are a 1/4 to 1/2 miles long? I find my chargers run out of steam pretty quick. I'm in missouri so I don't have to worry about the wicked hills or mountains some do.

And for the OP.. I run the 210 tow tune from KEM.. love it!

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
What distances does the OP tow? I think a gearvendor would be a great addition. I need one bad. The gain in mileage would basically pay for the GV pretty quick.

I have the extended warranty to 200k so I don't plan on modifying this engine (further) till warranty is out.

But just out of curiosity for a pure hauling standpoint, wouldn't an oil cooler relocation kit w/ better filter be a great option? I think the 6.0 taught us a lot and moving the oil cooler away from the heads would be a great idea, along w/ better filtration of your oil. It's annoying to have to change my oil every 5k vs. 15k on my 7.3 (granted thats an apples vs oranges comparison)

Does anyone haul heavy w/ a set of tow powers or II chargers? How is the pull up 4-6% grades that are a 1/4 to 1/2 miles long? I find my chargers run out of steam pretty quick. I'm in missouri so I don't have to worry about the wicked hills or mountains some do.

And for the OP.. I run the 210 tow tune from KEM.. love it!
I tow with the II. Gcvw 30,000. I gained 15 MPH on the big hills and my egts don't bother me on the rolling hills. I would like the elite turbos as I've seen the spool faster than stock.
Are gearvendors worth there money to put in? If i would do that what kind of drive line mods would i have to do?
The gv is about 3600 installed by the time you have the driveline shortened. Since most of your driving is local it would take forever to pay off. Plus you would get tired of shifting it in town.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
I do have a gv and love it but there is a place for it. Most of my trips are around 1000 miles. I would not detour someone from buying one if it fit there needs.

Latest posts