What's a normal EGT for a built truck?

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Got my gauges hooked up today and really hammered the skinny pedal on the interstate on my daily tune. My EGT's spiked 1600.
My pistons are ceramic coated so I'm not too worried about the temp but does that sound normal for a built motor?

bruce

Reaction score
300/200 with a modded h2e is gonna get hot, fast. Spiking egt isn't a big deal, but sustained high egt will cause problems

bruce

Reaction score
People make quarter mile passes all the time. You would benefit from more air though.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I have a swamps bfh, its not the best to drive on the street. I also have a 71mm h2e and its a lot more fun on the street and still does good at the track. I would run the 71mm if you dd the truck and the bfh if the truck doesn't get driven a lot. I usually swap turbos when i get bored with one. Bfh cleans the top end up but doesn't do much on terms of getting going, 71 does good down low but at top end leaves a little haze. Btw 1600 egts isn't bad. I peg my 1600 pyro often at the track.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
I have a swamps bfh, its not the best to drive on the street. I also have a 71mm h2e and its a lot more fun on the street and still does good at the track. I would run the 71mm if you dd the truck and the bfh if the truck doesn't get driven a lot. I usually swap turbos when i get bored with one. Bfh cleans the top end up but doesn't do much on terms of getting going, 71 does good down low but at top end leaves a little haze. Btw 1600 egts isn't bad. I peg my 1600 pyro often at the track.

If I remember properly my modded H2E is already 71mm or 72mm, well according to Beans. Right now it pegs out at 40-42 psi. When I give it half throttle around 30mph it smokes out the entire road and takes a good minute to build 10-15 psi. After I hit 10-15 psi it hits hard and the smoke clears up. No boost leaks either, it's so weird...

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Ive hit 50+ psi on my dd tune. I don't really have problems with it smoking a lot down low except the race tune which I usually only run at the track. Mine lights really quick.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Ive hit 50+ psi on my dd tune. I don't really have problems with it smoking a lot down low except the race tune which I usually only run at the track. Mine lights really quick.

I feel like tons of smoke when you press the pedal 1/2 at 30-50mph isn't normal.. What psi are you at when you run the interstate?
I'm at:
3-4psi @60-65mph
&
4-6psi @70-75mph

What size injectors are you running? Do you think I'm just over-fueling?
I really wonder why my set-up is being fussy. I was told by Beans to expect 50+psi. I'm having a hot start issue too(5-10 sec of crank time), possibly a bad injector o-ring? I'm waiting on my AE scanner to come in so I can diagnose the problem.
Sorry for asking all these questions, I'm not used to having a built truck, so this is uncharted waters for me! I really appreciate the help.
This thing will spin all 4 rear tires at 60mph...

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I have nltd tunes with 300/200s. Call and talk with them about tuning
And find out if you have a 71mm or 66mm. I would double check for any leak anywhere. Mine is also tuned for my bfh tho so I dont know if there is less fuel down low since it doesnt spool as well or what.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
sounds like a boost leak and when you can, monitor the hpop icp pressure on your wot run and see what it is doing when hot...

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online