What's a normal EGT for a built truck?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I have 300/200 injectors, HX55 with .90 A/R exhaust housing, 6637 filter, AirDog2, stealth dual pumps, And other supporting mods.

I have yet to see 1350 EGTs yet. That tune called for 2.8ms PW and 2950 ICP.

my one Tow tune calls for 1.55ms PW Under a good long pull it will hit just around 1000 to 1050 degrees and is right @ 30 to 32 for boost wide open.

I have a feeling I might be able to get the 2.8ms of PW tunes EGT hotter IF I would stay in it longer.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
I think I have traced my problem to the wastegate.
I currently have a 45mm turbosmart wastegate, I installed it behind the turbo. I wanted a safety net incase I ever threw nitrous on the truck.
I have the bottom port unhooked and the top port hooked up to boost pressure. I think that the backpressure is building before and faster than the boost pressure, therefor pushing the wastegate's spring open. What is everyone's thoughts of hooking the top port of the wastegate to run off of my backpressure. I think this would ensure that the wastegate remains closed for the time being.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
I'm now running the wastegate off backpressure instead of boost pressure. It seems to have helped a lot!

I also found a leak on an uppipe due to some loose nuts. They are right now and everything spools much better!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.