Whats all of our transmission choices?

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Jake, been driving it all day, haven't got a single squeal or kick out of the transmission. It's crazy as hell brother. I don't know if this is my trannys way of saying goodbye, or it finally acting right lol.

Mine hasn't been really acting weird since I changed tunes. But now every once in a while when really jumping on it while going through the gears it just like slips and kills power.. That's the best way to describe it. Really weird. Lol hopefully it's finally acting right and not saying bye bye!

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Mine hasn't been really acting weird since I changed tunes. But now every once in a while when really jumping on it while going through the gears it just like slips and kills power.. That's the best way to describe it. Really weird. Lol hopefully it's finally acting right and not saying bye bye!

how much miles on the truck?

dsmracing1

Reaction score

My truck does that if I don't fully turn off the traction control and then hold the button again for 10 seconds. It will completely cut the power and just kick to neutral and then back to 1st and then usually back to third lol.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
My truck does that if I don't fully turn off the traction control and then hold the button again for 10 seconds. It will completely cut the power and just kick to neutral and then back to 1st and then usually back to third lol.

I turn advance trac completely off every single time I start my truck lol it's weird what my truck does. It doesn't do it all the time, but I don't think I'm gonna be spinning enough going into 4th and 5th gear for it to kill power. Because that's the only time it's done it, is going into 4th or 5th. I'll catch it on video eventually. It's never done it before and it just started when I switched to ghead tunes. Can't tell him about the problem when I can't completely explain what it's doing.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I turn advance trac completely off every single time I start my truck lol it's weird what my truck does. It doesn't do it all the time, but I don't think I'm gonna be spinning enough going into 4th and 5th gear for it to kill power. Because that's the only time it's done it, is going into 4th or 5th. I'll catch it on video eventually. It's never done it before and it just started when I switched to ghead tunes. Can't tell him about the problem when I can't completely explain what it's doing.
i turn mine off every single time too... with the key off i stuffed a folded up business card in between the dash and button on mine as i was holding the button in.. it kept it pushed in and it actually worked by shutting advanced trac off with every key cycle but i didnt stay in and i wasn't sure if it would damage anything...

live life full throttle

Reaction score
Just got done driving 500 miles, added another one of the dr trannys additives and it didn't help much, weird thing was pulling into the highway I tried to lock 6th gear, but anytime I got on the pedal I would blow through the converter. The converter wouldn't lock at all. Slowed down to 35 mph (dust storm.. **** AZ) and got back up to speed. Converter locked and all acted normal again. Got me stumped about my transmission.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I wonder if a tune with bumped up line pressure/shift firmness would help you guys, have the transmission live just alittle longer?

dsmracing1

Reaction score
There's no point. I know the transmission is trashed, it's just time to scoop up change and start paying Morgan for a transmission lol

Haha right on. Once I get one the cash to get one of his turbos, I'm curious to see how my transmission holds the extra power. Might be looking for a new transmission too then haha..

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Squeezed it in there last night and put 25-30 miles on it since. Things seem a bit tighter especially at low speed while the truck was cold. I haven't put the wood to it yet to see if the 4-5 squeal is still there.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
any thoughts on upgrading a 15 trans. I am interested in possibly pulling the trans and having it changed to match a 14 trans. I don't want to spend a fortune and I don't really want to worry about it dying. Talking for a tune only. Would it be as simple as changing the clutch baskets for the added direct drive clutches? Even stock I am starting to get a weird 4-5 shift but I have been towing heavy all summer. Only 10k miles on it

Reaction score
any thoughts on upgrading a 15 trans. I am interested in possibly pulling the trans and having it changed to match a 14 trans. I don't want to spend a fortune and I don't really want to worry about it dying. Talking for a tune only. Would it be as simple as changing the clutch baskets for the added direct drive clutches? Even stock I am starting to get a weird 4-5 shift but I have been towing heavy all summer. Only 10k miles on it

You could do that. But the 4th gear pack is the same on the 11-14 as the 15. And they are the weak point.

Every 11-14 we've taken apart had the 4th gear smoked/burnt. The 15's the other clutch is weaker so they are burnt. Once you upgrade the 15 clutches up to a 11-14 then the OD clutch becomes the weakest point again.

Either way it would be silly for us to build any less of a Trans than we do. The cost isn't in the clutches. They don't cost $500 more than stock clutches.

The expensive parts are the new pump, valvebody and sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

borsky

Reaction score
Just one little bottle. It was the dr tranny instant shutter fix. I bought it at olreilys and was worth the money. I couldn't believe it actually worked. My transmission was horrible and would squeal at 50% throttle, now all gears catch hard and it shifts like its a new truck. I never believed in additives but this one worked

I tried that stuff since i had the 4-5 flare, and its ****ed up now. It can't decide what gear it wants to be in pops into neutral went down for over rev. I dunno all i did was add two tubes. Im going to try reload the tune and try again

Reaction score
I tried that stuff since i had the 4-5 flare, and its ****ed up now. It can't decide what gear it wants to be in pops into neutral went down for over rev. I dunno all i did was add two tubes. Im going to try reload the tune and try again

One tune worked good, I put a second one and it completely ****ed up everything. I' just gonna drive it until my transmission craps itself

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I put one tube in yesterday and drove some. See how it does after sitting all night. I usually have shift flares when cold and first taking off for the day. My brother's wife has a 14 focus with 36xxx miles and would shudder and shake taking off. Put a tube in it and it immediately stopped.. With keep you reported on that as well.

Latest posts

Members online