What's everyone paying for paint to match?

Matt

Reaction score
Good question. I imagine you wouldn't want anything that would setup to hard that you could work with it. You could hit your local paint guy up about it, maybe they would have some ideas.

Billet badges could incorporate your Harley vents into something custom. You just have to loosen up your grip on those greenbacks, my Jewish friend.

I removed the big medal medallion so basically they look like this:

12-30-07002resize.jpg

But I think it just looks kind of off, so I would like to remove the little badge and have it filled smooth,and where it says Super Duty. The vents pictured aren't mine, but similar.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I agree, that'll look good. I'm gonna see if I can get Jason from G Racing to post up. He's a paint guru, so he might know something to try

Matt

Reaction score
For reference, here is a few photos of my vents disassembled and the recessed area I would like filled.

IMG_20131110_093952_081.jpg

IMG_20131110_094008_250.jpg

IMG_20131110_094017_329.jpg

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Matt, I bet if you asked Jason he would do it for you. Maybe shoot him a PM. I know he's busy and doesn't get a chance to post that much

Matt_P

Reaction score
I paid 500 at my buddies dads body shop for the PTM front and rear bumpers, grille, door handles and tailgate on my old fummins

MINK

Reaction score
I bet I could fill those with puddy, think I'll try that this winter sense I need to fix some chips on my emblems anyways. I'll try a filler called "duraglass", my only worry is it lasting and not cracking with the way the plastic can flex.

Matt

Reaction score
I paid 500 at my buddies dads body shop for the PTM front and rear bumpers, grille, door handles and tailgate on my old fummins

I had another guy quote me like $400 for everything, but I would do most of the removal and break down of parts. I'd really like to go through him cause he is a family friend, however he has since started another job full time and only does a little body work on the side. Getting him to commit to a project is like pulling teeth.

I bet I could fill those with puddy, think I'll try that this winter sense I need to fix some chips on my emblems anyways. I'll try a filler called "duraglass", my only worry is it lasting and not cracking with the way the plastic can flex.

In the factory F-250 emblem there doesn't seem to be a ton of flex. The stock vent I haven't pulled on too much, to check rigidity. If you wanted to fill in where it says 6.4 Power stroke on the vent, it'd be easiest to just get a set of the vents from a 5.4 gasser that are blank.

Matt_P

Reaction score
I had another guy quote me like $400 for everything, but I would do most of the removal and break down of parts. I'd really like to go through him cause he is a family friend, however he has since started another job full time and only does a little body work on the side. Getting him to commit to a project is like pulling teeth.

Yeah all my parts were off when I gave them to him too. I know what you mean though, I traded my buddy who has a body shop the old 302 out my. 86 to pain he front bumper, grille and fix any imperfections on the paint on my king ranch. It took him a couple weeks to get all that done since it wasn't a bunch of cash he was getting. Hopefully now that I'm building my 86 in his shop he will do the body work quicker on that LOL

Matt

Reaction score
3m makes some adhesive called panel bond. It will stick to anything prepped correctly. The part number is 8115.

Thanks! From the little bit of quick research I did, this stuff is supposed to be awesome. I'm still waiting to hear back from G Racing, but if he isn't interested I will probably try this stuff.

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
Thanks! From the little bit of quick research I did, this stuff is supposed to be awesome. I'm still waiting to hear back from G Racing, but if he isn't interested I will probably try this stuff.

We use it everyday at the body shop I'm at its good stuff.

Latest posts

Members online