Whats she worth?

bricewise

Reaction score
I've been tossing around the idea of trading in my current truck to buy 2 regular cabs. One tow pig and one race truck. So I'm curious what you guys think I'd get for my current truck.

2012 F250 4 door King Ranch
4.5 Icon stage 4 lift with coilovers and bypass shocks
PMF Traction Bars
American Force Recon Wheels
Fuel Lab Fuel Water Separator
All optional features on truck (Nav, sunroof, etc)

Think thats all. Anyways not sure if this is in the right forum but not sure where else to put it.

HD F250

Reaction score
Not a penny over 20, let me know when u are ready and I will write the check....LOL. My guess, 44-46k, but I could be low considering mods?

TrickTruck

Reaction score
KBB.com is what everyone will look at, be it dealer, private party or the bank. And they won't give you jack squat for your accessories. Unless you find just the right person they'll probably deduct for the add-ons. You are much better off returning it to stock as much as possible.

Private party from KBB.com
Excellent
$52,924
Very Good
$51,824
Good
$50,324
Fair
$46,324

Trade
Excellent
$49,214
Very Good
$48,314
Good
$46,714
Fair
$42,314

Good luck and if you want to sell those PMF traction bars let me know, I'd be interested.

bricewise

Reaction score
Thats what I was afraid of. If I hadn't take out the stock coil buckets and hammered them to **** I wouldn't have an issue putting it back to stock

bricewise

Reaction score
Getting the rivets out of the stock coil buckets with an air hammer and a 5th of don julio lead to some major damage....don't think they are going back in :)

highdrum

Reaction score
Man the thing I hate about selling these toys of ours, the mods are only worth what someone else is willing to pay. Personally I would strip the truck back to stock, then sell, and sell your parts on the forums, thats where you'll probably do the best for yourself.

Sombrero

Reaction score
Man the thing I hate about selling these toys of ours, the mods are only worth what someone else is willing to pay. Personally I would strip the truck back to stock, then sell, and sell your parts on the forums, thats where you'll probably do the best for yourself.

^^^What he said.^^^ I have seen many people try and sell a truck with accessories and they end up asking an astronomical price. When asked why is it so expensive they usually reply with something like "I spent $15,000 on lift, wheels, tires, exhaust, and performance parts, etc." That's great but you will rarely find someone willing to pay you back for all of it. Remember to keep that in mind when you sell it.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
^^^What he said.^^^ I have seen many people try and sell a truck with accessories and they end up asking an astronomical price. When asked why is it so expensive they usually reply with something like "I spent $15,000 on lift, wheels, tires, exhaust, and performance parts, etc." That's great but you will rarely find someone willing to pay you back for all of it. Remember to keep that in mind when you sell it.

Not to mention that this would have to be a private sale to get anything more than KBB's trade value. That person will likely have to get a loan thru a bank and no bank will do more than KBB's listing in their calculations. You might get lucky and hit on a buyer with cash ready to lay out, but chances aren't real good.

My 2cents is that you find some spring buckets and put the thing back to stock - without the tequila this time.:thumbsup:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i actually add up all my mods, and throw the truck in for free.

TripleE44

Reaction score
When I sell my modified trucks, I usually add 1/2 of the price of the mods to the KBB price. In the 2 trucks I've sold this way(ya its not a **** ton) I've gotten $500 less than my asking price. Granted, I'm not modding the crap out of trucks to the extent that others do, but I usually get it. You're not going to sell it quickly, but if you don't need to sell it, be patient. There's someone out there that wants to buy a truck already done that they can just drive and not have to mess with all the stuff you've already done. This is what happened with my 08 which would've been the 3rd truck I sold with about that pricing structure.

As far as someone paying less because the truck is modded, I could see that happening on trade in, but not to a private seller.

Latest posts

Members online