What's the Best Big Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I heard HRT was building a pump big enough to supply up to 10k psi to 700cc injectors with no parasitic loss and no leak points.

LMAO! That is how rumors get started!

It is true that I do like to go big or go home.... but there are a few options currently available that could work for me with some tweaks.

Charles

Reaction score
The best big oil is whatever isn't on my truck. Cause the second I install it, it doesn't work anymore...

Unless I remove it and put it on another truck.

TARM

Reaction score
The best big oil is whatever isn't on my truck. Cause the second I install it, it doesn't work anymore...

Unless I remove it and put it on another truck.

I thought you had gotten the BTS dialedin, working, and were happy with it? Not the case or something change?

Charles

Reaction score
I thought you had gotten the BTS dialedin, working, and were happy with it? Not the case or something change?

lol. My ICP doesn't do a thing I tell it. No matter what pump(s) I run. Hell, I'm just glad I got the dome light to stop strobing and the relays under the dash to stop clicking, lol.

The Gen3 runs the pressure all over the place and the BTS makes no power, smokes like a train and sounds like it's got negative 5 degrees of timing. Stock single makes no power for the same reasons.

TARM

Reaction score
Damn. That would cuase a number of new tool holesw in the shop walls.

Youn have ruled out tune adj? any theory beyound your truck is possessed and derives pleasure from your insanity!?!

ITUKMOR

Reaction score
just started testing the new SRP1 pump from Stecher. Definitely took like 4 months to get in but for a pump to retail for $699 it damn sure can keep up with 300/200% w/ no problems.

TARM

Reaction score
Triples?

I think I would chose to do dual stealth SRP1s or if I needed more dual stealth stage IIs. Think that would be a bit easier and fit better than trying to run triple.stockers. This of course is all hypothetical on my part.

Bruno2

Reaction score
The benefits of big oil?

I dont know if I am a candidate for bigger oil or not. I am running 160 cc stg II's with 80% nozzles. I have a total Diesel chip on the truck. I am running a stock 15° in an OBS truck. The only time I see a CEL is when I get up on the hwy really laying on the go pedal. I can go wot through first and all the way through third w/o a light(I have a 5spd). If I step up my oil will I see any performance on the bottm where I am not getting the CEL or will nothing change there?

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
The benefits of big oil?

I dont know if I am a candidate for bigger oil or not. I am running 160 cc stg II's with 80% nozzles. I have a total Diesel chip on the truck. I am running a stock 15° in an OBS truck. The only time I see a CEL is when I get up on the hwy really laying on the go pedal. I can go wot through first and all the way through third w/o a light(I have a 5spd). If I step up my oil will I see any performance on the bottm where I am not getting the CEL or will nothing change there?

You're not seeing a CEL until after 3rd because it takes something like 15-20 seconds of the PCM seeing the existing condition before it sets the light.

So, the problem is there in 1st-3rd most likely, you just aren't there long enough to see the light.

I don't think you're a canidate for "big" oil, but "better" oil like the SRP1 or the Adrenaline would probably do quite well in your truck.

And it'll make a difference everywhere you're asking alot from the truck.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Triples?

I think I would chose to do dual stealth SRP1s or if I needed more dual stealth stage IIs. Think that would be a bit easier and fit better than trying to run triple.stockers. This of course is all hypothetical on my part.

I'd probably work on improving the injector oil flow to combat the internal pressure drop before I looked for any HPO solution beyond what's currently available.

But, so far I don't think anybody's having any solid luck with improving injector flow.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I'd probably work on improving the injector oil flow to combat the internal pressure drop before I looked for any HPO solution beyond what's currently available.

But, so far I don't think anybody's having any solid luck with improving injector flow.

x2, ya need a good balance between a good flowing injector and good hpo. Just in recent years, improvements have been made to eliminate the need for big big oil with a wider range of injectors.

And to those taking the tripple pumps seriously, its not. I sure hope no ones thinking about a tripple hpop setup, that sounds fairly disasterous.

Big Bore

Reaction score
The benefits of big oil?

Speaking from experience with the same exact setup, all you need is a good working 17* pump and that CEL will never show up again.

TARM

Reaction score
The only way to know for sure lacking a CEL icp code is to data log icp psi and duty %. If it does not hold exactly what the tune calls for thru a full run thru all the gears you would benefit from one. Also looking at duty cycle if you are max'd. Even if you are just barely hold icp you would likely still benefit from the faster ramp up to the called for icp and would see that in better throttle response. Logging the numbers beats butt-o-meter imo. Most find a nice improvement with hydrid with that nozzle size with an a code that is a higher oil ratio it would be more so.

Status
Not open for further replies.