Whats the worse that could happen?

bricewise

Reaction score
Pretty stupid question...but here it goes. So haven't been around in a while and it's looking like here in the next couple weeks, I'm gonna have a lot more free time. So with free time, I'll finally get time to install my dual fueler and 68mm turbo from Elite, that I've been sitting for what seems like the last 5 months.

So question is, how bad can I **** something up, if I mess up the turbo install or duel fueler? I can turn a wrench but I'm much better at digging a hole or making a cabinet. Just a matter of engine not starting or turbo blowing up? Or am I looking at catastrophic engine failure?? Basically I can handle my wife nagging me while I trouble shoot minor issues but I wouldn't hear the end of it, if I were to grenade my engine.

And if I'm gonna grenade my engine, any recommendations for shops near or around Wisconsin/Illinois border?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i dont consider either that critical if something goes wrong, just need to be sure oil drain and supply are clean and clear before install on the turbos and im sure the dual fueler install isnt bad

RedRice589

Reaction score
I'll come help... But if it gets messed up it's your fault. It doesn't seem all too bad just time consuming. I'm sure it's a check all seals and connections. Of course the drain tube like stated. Same as anything else take your time and I'm sure the other guys can talk you through it if you need.

bricewise

Reaction score
I just don't want to have to divorce my wife if she starts waking up every morning and says "Remember that time you blew up your truck?"

But it sounds like kind of what I was figuring. Thanks for reassurance.

RedRice589

Reaction score
You won't have to just tell her it's a self-development program.. . You're on the path to becoming a better person and this is progression. Lol can't appreciate victory without failure.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Pretty stupid question...but here it goes. So haven't been around in a while and it's looking like here in the next couple weeks, I'm gonna have a lot more free time. So with free time, I'll finally get time to install my dual fueler and 68mm turbo from Elite, that I've been sitting for what seems like the last 5 months.

So question is, how bad can I **** something up, if I mess up the turbo install or duel fueler? I can turn a wrench but I'm much better at digging a hole or making a cabinet. Just a matter of engine not starting or turbo blowing up? Or am I looking at catastrophic engine failure?? Basically I can handle my wife nagging me while I trouble shoot minor issues but I wouldn't hear the end of it, if I were to grenade my engine.

And if I'm gonna grenade my engine, any recommendations for shops near or around Wisconsin/Illinois border?

It all seems straight forward but I have limited experience with the 6.7. As for shops, it depends where you are on the border. Huckstorf in Franklin, WI does good work, and they're nice enough. I am told Dan's Diesel in Marengo, IL does good work too. Both shops seem to like the Duramax better but they can handle powerstrokes too.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I just don't want to have to divorce my wife if she starts waking up every morning and says "Remember that time you blew up your truck?"

But it sounds like kind of what I was figuring. Thanks for reassurance.

they get over it eventually

dseitler

Reaction score
Just installed the Dual Fuel pump last Wednesday night. Started at 5:30 finished up before 9pm. Was not bad at all. As long as you have the air chisel with the correct wrench to take your fan off it easy. Our shop has done several Turbo's on the CC trucks and they come apart real fast but these are Florida trucks with no corrosion. The Dual Fuel pump with be simple with the intake and all the stock plumbing out of your way. Installing the new Turbo would be easy because you are not changing you manifolds I assume. The down pipe would also be easy with the Turbo gone. Go for it! You will have more pride in your truck if you do it yourself. IMO

bricewise

Reaction score
So got the dual fueler installed last night with a friend and some beers. Not as bad as I thought. Everything is buttoned up and ready to go except we had one problem.

Perhaps it was the beer or who knows but we stripped the fuel rail plug and now can't get it off. Any thoughts on how to get this stripped bolt out? If I could get a drill in there, I guess I could drill it and extract it that way. But don't see me getting a drill in there.

I'd prefer not to take the fuel rail out unless that's gonna be the easiest thing. Any help is a appreciated for this klutz move.

Caveman

Reaction score
Just lookin through threads alot lately to make my decision on a turbo setup and another hpfp in the future and I was wondering how it turned out for you?

bricewise

Reaction score
All done. Created a different thread. Just fine tuning now and I'm glad I didnit

Latest posts

Members online