What's your oil?

sledfreak

Reaction score
I run Mobil 1 turbo diesel with opti-lube oil fortifier,been running it for 50k miles, works for me plus farm n fleet has it for $23 a gallon.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Just ordered the Amsoil engine flush and syn15w40 along with some metal protection spray, just to try it out.
This will be my first oil change with the truck, going to have an oil analysis done and then again at next oil change to see if their is a difference.

griz700rocket

Reaction score
Just ordered the Amsoil engine flush and syn15w40 along with some metal protection spray, just to try it out.
This will be my first oil change with the truck, going to have an oil analysis done and then again at next oil change to see if their is a difference.

If by metal protection spray you mean their "heavy duty metal protector" I love that stuff. I use it for lots of things from a WD40 replacement to undercoat on my truck.

Also don't be fooled by the oil analysis. I've seen where guys change to Amsoil, do an oil analysis that comes back bad and panic when actually the Amsoil was just cleaning out all the gunk left behind from the previous oils.

Last edited:

NY_Mott

Reaction score
If by metal protection spray you mean their "heavy duty metal protector" I love that stuff. I use it for lots of things from a WD40 replacement to undercoat on my truck.

Also don't be fooled by the oil analysis. I've seen where guys change to Amsoil, do an oil analysis that comes back bad and panic when actually the Amsoil was just cleaning out all the gunk left behind from the previous oils.

Yes Sir, that's the stuff.
happy to hear some good thing about it. I was just ordering the flush for a customer and my self when I seen that and decided to pick up a couple cans. I was going to use is as and undercoating and see what happens. How far does the 16oz can go? Do you have to cake it on for good results?
Thanks for the heads up on oil analysis, I am sure you just prevented a freak out on my end. lol

griz700rocket

Reaction score
I just put a thin coat on but reapply about once a year to the spots it wears off. Make sure you shake the can well or you will just get the lube part and not the waxy film that sticks and adds the protective layer. Normally 2-3 cans covers most of the frame/suspension parts that I do yearly.

08stroker350

Reaction score
SHELL ROTELLA with the odd tank of shell v power diesel and some diesel injector cleaner! runs great!

ncollins64

Reaction score
I run Schaeffer's 9000 5w40 with the moly lube in my 6.4 and my 7.3 and old fummins. Last time my valve covers were off, my top end was spotless and I've got 140k on it.

Stroked777

Reaction score
What's gunna be a better weight oil for me living in the Northeast, can be 95 in the summer or -25 below in the winter, I don't have a problem switching weight with the temps. I'm just curious

ncollins64

Reaction score
I think the Schaeffer's 9000 only comes in 5w40 if I'm not mistaken. I've never had any issues. Our summers get hot but this is the coldest winter its seen. So far so good.

Reaction score
Aren't delo 5w-40 syn , shell T6, Mobil 5w-40 turbo diesel truck, and valvoline xtreme blue 5w-40 basically the same oil just with different brand names on the jugs?

flexyford

Reaction score
I run 5w40 year around up here in Wisconsin. Never had an issue with it. In the end it is 40 weight. Anybody that's running the Schaefer 9000 that I have talked to have all good things to say about it.

capt dong

Reaction score
What about the motorcraft 15-40?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats only brand thats ive run in my 64. tested up to 9500 miles and came back clean from blackstone. tow and haul 3x a week. nothing extremely heavy except every once in a while.

ive cut open jugs of delo 15-40. it had a white residue in every jug. anyone know if thats normal?

Reaction score
Got my samples back from blackstone, it shows the extreme blue 5w-40, and shell rotella t6 5w-40 wear identical even the additives packages were almost exactly the same at 5k oci . I'm running delo's 5w-40 to see how it compares

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.