wheel and tire questions

stroker2

Reaction score
Well im starting to look seriously into new wheels because i want to go with a 315/75 tire. The 285s just look to small since the 2.5" leveler and f350 block.

I am looking for wheels that will fit a 315 tire better than stock in both wheel width and to stay away from any rubbing if possible.

So my question is, what is a good backspace, offset, and wheel width to go with? I am looking at the mickey thompson classic II's (want to keep it simple). I would like to have a slightly wider stance but dont want to go to wide with the tires sticking very far out the wheel well. Im not sure to go with a 16x8 or 16x10.

The 16x8 has 4" BS, -13mm offset

The 16x10 has 4.43" BS, not sure about the offset

here is the page i am getting this from:
http://www.4wheelparts.com/WheelFinder.aspx?bp=8 on 170&cio=False&df=0&dt=0&finish=0&cons=0&ab=False&pg=1

Starting to lean towards the 10" wide but that seems pretty wide and could get into the fender wells pretty good :confused: If anyone has any pics of 315's and a similar sized wheel that would be helpful as well

Thanks!

Last edited:

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
oh i believe it was -18mm offset and 4.5"backspacing... i get them confused. and it rubbed minor on the front right bumper plastic(cut a piece off, really small) and it rubbed pretty hard on the drivers fender well at full lock. cut out a 2" wide by prob 4" tall section and i was clear. the leafs on my front were very wore. with a new add-a-leaf would have made it a lot better

stroker2

Reaction score
Well now i am looking at an 8" wide wheel with a +2mm offset and 4.51" backspace. How would these work with 315's? And how much would they stick out compared to stock? thanks

Latest posts

Members online