Wheel finishing options

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I think I'm pretty well decided on what to do, but I'd like to hear y'all's opinions as well. I have a set of chrome welds. One is near immaculate 2 could use some help and one is in dire need of help.

I'd love to have them all stripped and polished but financially it's not an option right now. I'd like to have them mounted up by Rudy's fall event(October) and I can't afford to have em all redone.

My thoughts are to have the worst one sent off and rechromed, and mount and run them until I can get the others done or can have them all stripped and polished. The price of rechroming a wheel looks to be around 250 + freight and I can foot that for a wheel. My only concern then is the finish on the other two that are pitting. They're not terrible, but is there a way to slow down the pitting? At least until I can get them all done.

And a couple pics because everyone likes pics.
df63aa8fc029afa78933cd1c2f848c83.jpg

f4b36fff68e4da0d244125219efdf464.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Layson

Reaction score
I would have them stripped. They will dip them and remove the chrome. I can't remember how long it takes to have them stripped. But they sit in that bucket for days or months...LOL. Then once stripped polish them. I can't remember the cost but I don't remember it being that cheap.

I wouldn't chrome them again. They never seems to hold up. Most people actually don't want the chrome welds anymore.

If you powder them then you may have some people upset about that...LOL. But they are your wheels and in my opinion one of the best sets of wheels ever made. Only reason I didn't go with these was because my friend had them...LOL

Layson

Reaction score
If you can't afford doing it now. Just run them the way they are till they can be dechromed.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
If you can't afford doing it now. Just run them the way they are till they can be dechromed.

Thanks, that's kinda what I was thinking.

And I'd NEVER powder them lol. My friend bought these then the 20x12s that were on here. I'll probably keep these even if it means they just sit in the closet lol I love how they look

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.