Wheel spacers

Denver

Reaction score
I'm thinking of putting some 05+ wheels on my 2002 F350 SRW with wheel spacers to correct the offset difference. I hear/read that running wheel spacers add stress to the bearings, studs, ball joints, ect. Is this really true? The reason I ask is because if you look at the 99-04 F450/550 trucks they have a regular SRW Dana front axle with long wheel spacers for the 19.5 wheels. I think the F350 dually trucks are the same. Is there anything to be concerned with spacers on the rear axle? The rearend of my truck weighs about 5000 lbs. Im mainly concerned about the rear because of the weight and the crappy roads here in California. I just replaced the rear tires due to belts breaking in the old ones. I do know to get quality hub centric spacers.

mandkole

Reaction score
I thought about this for a long time and am very happy with the late model wheels and 2" spacers. No worries on the bearing wear as the new wheel is only moved out by approx. .4" more from where the older wheel was.

sd08

Reaction score
I just installed 2" spacers on my 2004 excursion along with a set of 20" 2008 F250 lariat wheels (8 spokes)

Latest posts

Members online