Wheel spin...

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
While pulling a sled this weekend I found out that I'm not getting any wheel spin while pulling... My tire speed is equivalent to the truck moving... Still reving around 3k-3.5k... First run was in 2nd 4 high and Second pull was in 3rd in 4 low... Stock 5R tranny with a bts converter... Any ideas...?

MINK

Reaction score
If wheels speed is down then you are simply getting traction. You could try a lower gear but power is going to be your limiting factor. Lower gear may also result in a lower track mph which you do not want.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
I'm running stock tires and gears... So I would think that even with thr sled I should still be able to get some wheel speed up especially on a slick track

Mdub707

Reaction score
You never actually said what the speed is either... if you're running too slow of a speed it will just have traction and run it down.

You're not even getting any wheel spin as it slows down when the sled weight comes up?

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Nope this wasn't a transfer sled it was a gay ass drop sled... And I don't remember the speed it wasn't too high I was watching rpms and boost... And I got
No wheel spin at all

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
So if anyone has been lookin at this confused as i was... i put it in Drive and 4low and got great wheel spin... confusing... but it worked...

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
So back to this... Set my livewire ts up for watching the gear selection and in drive while pulling it won't shift from 1st anyone had any issues with the initial post...? Still trying to workin things out... I think I'm gettin shafted some feet by not being able to get second or third to spin

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
While pulling a sled this weekend I found out that I'm not getting any wheel spin while pulling... My tire speed is equivalent to the truck moving... Still reving around 3k-3.5k... First run was in 2nd 4 high and Second pull was in 3rd in 4 low... Stock 5R tranny with a bts converter... Any ideas...?

what the rev limiter set to??????

look in the adjustables in your sct.

you should be turning close to 4k.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Rev is set at like 4100 as I set it... Programming shifts er before then though... If I go in drive I have wheel spin but never leave first gear if I leave it in a gear (2nd or 3rd) I get no wheel spin... Though about maybe tryin to jump it out in first get er goin then up shift and downshift later... But it all doesn't really matter anymore bc this weekend is the last pull for us lol

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Rev is set at like 4100 as I set it... Programming shifts er before then though... If I go in drive I have wheel spin but never leave first gear if I leave it in a gear (2nd or 3rd) I get no wheel spin... Though about maybe tryin to jump it out in first get er goin then up shift and downshift later... But it all doesn't really matter anymore bc this weekend is the last pull for us lol

sounds like your trying to pull in to high a gear. puting it in drive allows the pcm to decide. you selecting a manual gear,will only allow the gear you select.(whether its the right,or wrong gear)

too high a gear with out enough motor.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Doesn't make sense though couple guys I pull with with 6.0s built the same as mine but he same shop don't have the issue...

Latest posts

Members online