When to gate a S366?

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
in the next year or 2 i will be finished rebuilding my other motor. I will be running my current S366 with a billet wheel and a 1.1 housing. I can get a set of 250s for really cheap and i'm planning on trading them with someone for a set of 238s.
So i guess my question is at what point/hp/or drive presssure do i need to add a gate to my setup?

under pressure

Reaction score
with out guessing on that combo, i would think to data log those injector/tuning changes to see the ratio, boost/drive pressures, may need to go analog ebp though...im not sure how high the sensor can read,. ive see 42 on the stock sensor though.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
i assumed for the 250s it would definatelly be needed.
i wasn't sure about the 238s, i knew tuning would play a big role in keeping the turbo alive. I will be adding a turbosmart 45 from Jake when its time to swap it all over

under pressure

Reaction score
i found this post..

(QUOTE)I ran my ebp gauge maxed at 60 psi at 35 lbs of boost. S366 w/ .91 ar

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
still up in the air on either i run 250/80s or 238/200s. i've beefed up the charger by adding a billet wheel and added a 1.1 housing from Barder Turbo Service

under pressure

Reaction score
properly tuned 238/200.......tuning being the key from everyone ive talked to on the subject.
EGTs being primary concern.... live tune would be a good idea.

i had this info from another conversation. believed to be around 475hp.
238/100 on the. 91 housing WOT.... 1600*
238/100 on the 1.15, WOT....1500*

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
i have a list of mods i want done to it, and once all those mods are done then the trucks done. i will have a company rig so it won't be a dd anymore, just a work stock puller and toy

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
i talked with a buddy of mine, he has a old set of 250s that i can buy for pretty cheap. just need to send them off and get checked over and probably add a 80% nozzle and be done with you.
Kris you had alot of luck with the turbo and that injector size and from what we talked about a few months back, it would be a strong runner

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
im not going for high hp numbers, just build a truck that can still tow on a daily basis without having to worry about high egts and losing daily driving reliability. Tuneing plays a big role in it, but i'll have to save up more $ to get it live tuned after im able to put it all together, if it runs great without live tuneing then i'll just stick with the 80s. down the road if i feel it can handle more, then i'll change nozzles then

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.