When to gate a S366?

under pressure

Reaction score
200s imo need live tuned from from everything ive looked at, the 200+ crowd either diy tunes them or live tunes... im sure a custom tune could be close, but may not be close enough for DD with all the idle issues i read about.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Have you even ran 200%? If not the stfu.

To the OP, don't worry about nozzle size. Any of the big name tuners can get you a good daily driving tune with 200% nozzles. Idle is a non issue. Go with them, you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Blowby

Reaction score
Gate to keep the turbo in the sweet spot on the map.
Dense air = More Oxygen = Maximum Energy / Fuel Injected.
Control the fuel so you deliver the correct amount based on the CFM of the turbo. Find the correct map and start there.

Short Bus

Reaction score
200s imo need live tuned from from everything ive looked at, the 200+ crowd either diy tunes them or live tunes... im sure a custom tune could be close, but may not be close enough for DD with all the idle issues i read about.

That's odd, I just hot some tunes from Matt and they are just fine. Same goes for the tunes I ran 5-6 years ago when I had my last set of 200's and TW tuning. 400's however are a whole different animal though.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
when the motors all done, i can always just run my current chip and my 160/80s for awhile to work out all the kinks that occasionally follows a rebuild. i can always just put the injectors on the shelf and wait for the time when i can afford to do the live tuneing. I've had good luck with good tunes being mailed to me by Tony and now Cale. as popular as 250s are becomming for DD trucks, i'd suspect that most tuners can get them in dialed in pretty sufficiently

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score

You speaking from experience? If not then don't give your opinion. Who cares what you read. I've had 200% in 3 trucks 0 were lived tuned/ gave me a reason to want them live tuned.

It's annoying when people have NO ACTUAL EXPERIENCE with what they are talking about.

To the op I've ran a s366 and didn't like it at all it lost to my hx50 in every category

2000wa250

Reaction score
You speaking from experience? If not then don't give your opinion. Who cares what you read. I've had 200% in 3 trucks 0 were lived tuned/ gave me a reason to want them live tuned.

It's annoying when people have NO ACTUAL EXPERIENCE with what they are talking about.

To the op I've ran a s366 and didn't like it at all it lost to my hx50 in every category

Amen to the first part. Can't speak for the hx50 as I've never ran one or been in a truck that did.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
i know some guys don't like the 366 charger and there are alot of valid points. I don't have access to a hx50 nor do i know anyone running one. I've spent some time talking with Kris about his setup with the 250s and 366 and it seemed like he had alot of success with its daily driving application and towing as well

bruce

Reaction score
Iirc hx50 is like almost exactly like a modded h2e. 66mm inducer not sure on the other dimensions nut its t4i

BigRed97

Reaction score
I have a non gated s366 with 250/80s. While it is a blast to drive, i should have gated it.

I also would go with 200s if i were to do it again

Latest posts

Members online