Where to buy engine harness?

lightning95

Reaction score
Bottom line my entire upper engine harness is fried.
Ford wants $900 for a new CA emission loom.
Would International sell the same one maybe cheaper?

Story; I didn't completly reomve the IAH and stapped it up on the intake. Everythings been great then last week in St. louis it was 10*. The IAH turned on melted the strap, fell on the harness and cooked it.

I KNOW! I'M A MORON! Now I pay for it.

AzPsd55

Reaction score
How much did it melt? Could you cut out the old wires and solder in New. Or did it melt the connectors to

lightning95

Reaction score
It melted the bulk part right in front of the turbo. The big section maybe 10 wires. If would've only been a few wires I would have spliced and heat shrunk new wires in.

lightning95

Reaction score
No. I did try my local dealer and they say$870. International is the best at $490.
Does anyone know if it can be replaced by a glow plug relay harness. Non CA emission.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Yes, but I do believe you have to swap pcm's, harness, and possibly rewire the 42 pin connector. I want to say csipsd or tycorr or here have discussed it before on here.

lightning95

Reaction score
Your right I'm gonna have to pony up for a new one. I just talked to CSIPSD and he said the 02 harness is different from the 99-01. Plus an ECM is big money and I'll have to get new tunes.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Blue Line Fab

Reaction score
I have one off an 02 Florida truck. P.M. Me if your interested.

Does anyone know if the 02 and 03 engine harnesses are the same?

Last edited:

zilla68

Reaction score
No. I did try my local dealer and they say$870. International is the best at $490.
Does anyone know if it can be replaced by a glow plug relay harness. Non CA emission.

you need to try sunrise ford on here, unless your getting a deal thru your dealer, I'm sure they will beat that price and usually by a long shot.

ToMang07

Reaction score
you need to try sunrise ford on here, unless your getting a deal thru your dealer, I'm sure they will beat that price and usually by a long shot.

^Absolutely agree.

I have one off an 02 Florida truck. P.M. Me if your interested.

Does anyone know if the 02 and 03 engine harnesses are the same?

I believe they are the same. The 7.3L only had a half year in 03, before they switched to the 6.0.

Latest posts

Members online