where to buy paintable rear bumper

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Hey guys wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a paintable rear bumper. I assume it will be cheaper than having my chrome one blasted and then powdered.

Thanks

TripleE44

Reaction score
I'd call around to places that sell ranch hands and all those bumpers to see. I know there's a place like that around Houston that sells them very reasonable. I'd just look around closer to you to save the shipping.

derrick36

Reaction score
I'd call around to places that sell ranch hands and all those bumpers to see. I know there's a place like that around Houston that sells them very reasonable. I'd just look around closer to you to save the shipping.

:whs:

I have the link saved on my home computer for a company out of texas that sells ranch hand style bumpers. They sell the take offs cheap and have good prices on shipping.

They seemed to have a ton in stock, so you might even be able to find some already painted in the color you need.

I can't for the life of me remember the name of the place, but I'll post up when I get home this afternoon.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Chrome is paintable. Mine was chrome still looks perfect.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
My guy used and epoxy primer with adhesion promoter. Lasted well over 2 years so far.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
hmm, maybe I'll check with my local powder guy. Did you have the rear painted or powdered?

And all the stuff in Texas, I have a buddy in College Station that comes home in the summer so that may work but i'd prefer to find something a little closer to home. I guess I'll start looking in the junk yards.

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
hmm, maybe I'll check with my local powder guy. Did you have the rear painted or powdered?

And all the stuff in Texas, I have a buddy in College Station that comes home in the summer so that may work but i'd prefer to find something a little closer to home. I guess I'll start looking in the junk yards.

Last i knew you are in VA correct ?

I can get you an aftermarket stock replacement paintable i believe.

I can also get your powdercoated soon, my guy is setting up his new oven, if powdercoating, its best to leave it chrome most of the time, a good chrome base is an awesome surface to powder over.

MINK

Reaction score
I sanded mine with 36, primed. Then sanded that with 180, primed. Then finished with 800 before my base coat. Never had a issue on my front and rear bumper. They were both black also.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Last i knew you are in VA correct ?

I can get you an aftermarket stock replacement paintable i believe.

I can also get your powdercoated soon, my guy is setting up his new oven, if powdercoating, its best to leave it chrome most of the time, a good chrome base is an awesome surface to powder over.

yea i'm at Tech now but home is about an hour and a half from fredericksburg. I may just see about getting my chrome bumper powdered I wasn't away you could do it.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Yea I've got a guy a little closer to me who gives a discount to a DC area motorcycle forum so I may give him a shout first.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.