where to conceal?

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yea I know. Waiting to get the new panel and I'm also getting a crossbreed holster soon so I won't be taking it off in the truck anymore. Current holster is uncomfortable to sit with but I think that's because it was $10 at the store.

JRLott

Reaction score
Berman, I like the horse hide slightly better than the cow hide. I have one of each. I also bought their Velcro lined belt and replaced one the front spring hook on the holster with the Velcro hook. That seems to be the best combination for keeping the holster from gradually moving. I carry at 3 o'clock, so you might not have any issue if you carry at 4:30 or 5. Whether you choose the Velcro option or not, get a good belt.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Berman, I like the horse hide slightly better than the cow hide. I have one of each. I also bought their Velcro lined belt and replaced one the front spring hook on the holster with the Velcro hook. That seems to be the best combination for keeping the holster from gradually moving. I carry at 3 o'clock, so you might not have any issue if you carry at 4:30 or 5. Whether you choose the Velcro option or not, get a good belt.

I was planning on the horsehide. I need to find a belt that I like. Not a fan of everything I see. My uncle used to do a lot of leather work so I might see if he can make me a belt. I don't currently have any issue with my holster moving. Stays where it is pretty good and it's just a large single metal clip. Issue I have with it is that it doesn't conceal very well at all. I went with a couple friends a couple weeks ago to get a hot tub. The homeowner saw mine and was asking me about the. The other two guys were also carrying and theirs weren't noticed. The guy was cool about it, he's big into the NRA and everything. It just shows really easy with my current holster.

jimbob394

Reaction score
just finished up this set up! dara friction holster with a ram mount.
3c218ea33f9307369ebb5d053b295573.jpg
f729af6bf80f0fa0f65ed89ba7cb3bc2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice set up! I like it. Just saw this piece in "Survivor's Edge" magazine.
1af6e08c17e2881b571e1b3d59cc2cef.jpg

[email protected]

Reaction score
I would agree, if it is out of sight. But none of these are out of sight. Take for example you get pulled over for a broken tail light the officer walks up to the side window looks down at you and sees it, you're in trouble. Concealed means it cannot be seen.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I would agree, if it is out of sight. But none of these are out of sight. Take for example you get pulled over for a broken tail light the officer walks up to the side window looks down at you and sees it, you're in trouble. Concealed means it cannot be seen.

I believe you need a ccp to have your weapon in your vehicle with the mag loaded and inserted. With out your permit it needs to be in a case with ammo separate from it. Also if you have your ccp and an officer looks through your side window and sees your weapon you are not in trouble. Actually I would think he would prefer to see it rather than wonder where you are hiding one.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I believe you need a ccp to have your weapon in your vehicle with the mag loaded and inserted. With out your permit it needs to be in a case with ammo separate from it. Also if you have your ccp and an officer looks through your side window and sees your weapon you are not in trouble. Actually I would think he would prefer to see it rather than wonder where you are hiding one.

Pretty much everything you said is correct. At least for PA. But as long as you act cool, let him know that you have it immediately, where it is and what state it is in, they do what they need to and won't be pissed about it, hidden or in plain sight. Whether that means they remove it and clear it for the remainder of the traffic stop or whatever.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Reaction score
Checked with my family members that are P.D the other is sheriff, both say the same thing, unless your in an open carry state, your in trouble. And most likely will loos your ccp. Both would rather be notified you have a concealed weapon when asked for license and reg. And let them control the situation as they see fit

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Pretty much everything you said is correct. At least for PA. But as long as you act cool, let him know that you have it immediately, where it is and what state it is in, they do what they need to and won't be pissed about it, hidden or in plain sight. Whether that means they remove it and clear it for the remainder of the traffic stop or whatever.
I guess I can only speak for pa as I don't know the laws for every state. Pa has a system now that as soon as they run your license it will come up if you have a permit, so if you didn't make the officer aware you are carrying he will know you have a permit and ask if you have a weapon on you.

Checked with my family members that are P.D the other is sheriff, both say the same thing, unless your in an open carry state, your in trouble. And most likely will loos your ccp. Both would rather be notified you have a concealed weapon when asked for license and reg. And let them control the situation as they see fit

Agreed, like I said above I can really only speak for pa which is an open carry state although not very common to see. It's common practice in any state though to always make an officer aware that you are carrying then follow his instructions.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I guess I can only speak for pa as I don't know the laws for every state. Pa has a system now that as soon as they run your license it will come up if you have a permit, so if you didn't make the officer aware you are carrying he will know you have a permit and ask if you have a weapon on you.

No chit. It's about time they did that. Last I asked they didn't have that but I'm glad they do now. Anything to keep those folks just a little safer is a good thing in my mind.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
No chit. It's about time they did that. Last I asked they didn't have that but I'm glad they do now. Anything to keep those folks just a little safer is a good thing in my mind.

Yup friend of mine got pulled over about a month ago and he wasn't carrying. When the officer returned to the car he asked him if had any weapon on him or in the vehicle because it came up that he had a permit when his license was ran.

brown1

Reaction score
in mi you are required to immediately inform the officer that you are a cpl holder and if you are concealing or not. and inside the vehicle visble or not is considered concealing.

1st last59

Reaction score
Touching on what Trick Truck said, I believe it's illinoise that actually has a law against hidden compartments in a vehicle. If you're pulled over and searched and they find something that looks like it might be a hidden compartment you will automatically be arrested. Even if there is nothing in it and believe it is considered a misdemeanor

So ford broke the law when they made the center console. Hmm. That's interesting.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Not quite, it is either an open compartment with no lid it's only a couple of inches deep or it has molded removable cup holders

1st last59

Reaction score
Not quite, it is either an open compartment with no lid it's only a couple of inches deep or it has molded removable cup holders

I know the compartment that is in the center console and it indeed has a lid. So by what u said it is illegal.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Yes my 2016 F450 has a center console that has a lid but it is not a secret compartment it simply is a standard center console. In front of the center console there are 4 cup holders that just sit inside a tray what year is yours where the underneath the cup holders has a lid an opening?

ThreeFitty

Reaction score

In CT we have open carry, but open carry by definition is "the practice of openly carrying a firearm on one's person in public.". The officer must be having a bad day if they want to go after you for "open carry" in your vehicle. While you are technically in public, you aren't walking around the town green with it openly displayed. YMMV

I dont have a pic but I modded some off brand kydex IWB holster that I bought for my G19/26 and attached it on that pocket on the side of the center console. That way I can still draw from it and it doesn't rattle around.

Latest posts

Members online