where to run air lines safely

rat49f6

Reaction score
Where do u plan on installing the compressor?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
I just ran my lines through the box into the bed to the tank on my Dodge. On my ford I ran them from the compressors under the truck into the bed to the tank, then back through the bed to the horns. The airbags just ran up from the bags down the frame to the back bumper. Obviously using rubber grommets where the lines passed through metal. Next lines will be stainless braided.

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my bionic

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I put my compressor above my spare tire. Ran all the lines along the frame with some sort of protection when I had to run it places it may rub. No need for holes anywhere

tbsimmons

Reaction score
My compressor and tank are mounted on some flat plate that I bolted to the frame in front of the passenger rear tire. The air line is just 3/8" to an air fitting near the hitch and 1/4" to the air bag gauges. The compressor is ran off one of the up-fitter switches through a relay and pressure switch.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Nope. Never took pictures of it. The plate was used just so I didnt have to drill holes in the frame of the truck. The air bags are to a normal gauge and switch mounted in the dash to the left of the steering column. In the 08-10 trucks we have some some room behind the bezel big enough for the back of the gauge, switch and air line so you dont have to cut part of the dash support. 1/4" line to and from the tank to the bags.
I have an air chuck mounted on a piece of angle iron welded to the side of the hitch and one in the front of the tank.

Latest posts

Members online