Where's it coming from??????

TWEETER

Reaction score
I have a coolant leak on my 05 stroke. I have a Sinister EGR delete and i thought it was coming from the hose on that but I was looking at it closer the other day and it wasn't coming from there. It looks like it's comin from the top driver side of engine. Leaking on to top of engine then off the back. When it's first started and cold it's not really there but once it warms up, it's leakin pertty freakin good. I can't even drive it or rather feel like I shouldn't anyway. man I was really hopin it was that $5 hose but go figure it aint. Throw your ideas out to me would ya. :wtf::shrug:

Thanks in advance.
Tweeter

STROKER

Reaction score
:whs:I would also check the plastic y fitting under the degas bottle those are known to crack.

TWEETER

Reaction score
Ok this is my first time dealin with the intake manifold so where exactly is the O'ring I need to check. Sry I know it's a newb question but ya gotta start somewhere.

egr503.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
check coolant hose that rubs on the back of ficm under degas

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
Ok this is my first time dealin with the intake manifold so where exactly is the O'ring I need to check. Sry I know it's a newb question but ya gotta start somewhere.

View attachment 4638
On the bottom view of the intake, it's the hole directly underneath where the intake elbow is on the top side. On the bottom view you can see the coolant passage in the intake from the EGR cooler to where this big o-ring PowerStrokeEnginuities mentioned is. It just gets sandwiched between the intake and front cover.

TWEETER

Reaction score
Ok thanks wetnsloppy. I will hopefully be able to work on it this weekend. By the time I get off of A/T and get home it's cold as chit and I gotta do this outside. Thanks for the help y'all!!!

Latest posts

Members online