Which clutch and why??

Tncoalroller88

Reaction score
Sup guys iv got a 00 f350 superduty 7.3 6 speed with 238/100 injectors and a 38r just wondering which clutch u guys would reccomend for my application? truck is mostly a daily driver but still want to bust some dodge and chevy asses at the track sometimes lol so what should i do?? my old stock is beginning to slip with the new injectors in the higher gears after only a week so im probrabally gonna have to do domethin soon im guessing truck will make somewhere around 450 horse. oh and anyone know where to find a write up on the install in the zf6? thanks:toast:

SDstroker

Reaction score
I have a Valair ceramic/kevlar clutch. It did ok with my 250/100's. Full ceramic might hold better but its going to be grabby. FWIW I am getting a dual disk.

97stoker350

Reaction score
i got the same valair and going with 250/200s and s468 so we will find out if she holds or not. mine is not grabby and drives with 40s pretty good i think without trac bars and stock motor right now. .02

but mines the 5 speed

sidwaz

Reaction score
I just finished installing 238/100 with a gt38r as well. My southbend 475/1000 is slipping in 5th and 6th and it only has about 30, 000kms on it. The 37's might load it up a little more. I will be heading to the dyno June 02 and see what it is making for power.

stroker2

Reaction score
I also have the valair kevlar/ceramic clutch rated at 500/1000 and at my dynoed 491hp with 200/30 injectors it holds just fine and engages smooth. No complaints here

V-Ref

Reaction score
i hope to god mine holds because its brand spankin new and im going to be way over 500 hp when marty is done

After Marty is done, and you roast the CON OFE call South Bend direct, and tell 'em your story. You should be offered a very good new opportunity to own a new Street Dual Disc :clapping:

bad12jr

Reaction score
Dual disk would be my choice. I have the kevlar/ceramic. It is NOT a racing clutch. It will work but it won't hold to the abuse. It is a little grabby if its on a hill but tolerable.

I'd call Valair and talk to them and see what they can throw together for you. A DD is going to take the abuse much better. Spend a little bit extra now and do it right the first time.

Tncoalroller88

Reaction score
i will just bew racing it like maybe one day a week through the summer and maybe a couple dyno pulls mostly its my daily driver iv been looking heavily into the valair clutches they have a 500 horse kevlar/ceramic and a 600 horse ceramic/ceramic i will be getting one of those but which is better ceramic/ceramic is cheaper but which is better for me and why. and do i have to replace my flywheel for a valair or can i just get mine resurfaced if its in good shape and how much does that usually run thanks for the help guys

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
If yours still has a dual mass flywheel in it I would be putting a single mass in instead. Idle will be smoother and have heard a couple guys say they can shift faster. I did it after owning my obs for about a month, so i couldn't really tell you, i did notice the smoother idle.

bad12jr

Reaction score
My Kevlar/ceramic does not like to slip much but will slightly. The ceramic single will not slip. Drove one in a dodge and its basically on or off.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

bad12jr

Reaction score
I'm happy with mine. Got about 1500 miles on it. I wouldn't personally wanna daily drive a full ceramic in a lower HP truck. Higher HP weekend warrior I'd run one in a heartbeat. When I get another truck my obs will get a solid hub ceramic DD because it will be a toy at that point.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

97stoker350

Reaction score
if it is a 13 inch you should be alright. but OP definetly get rid of the dual mass..
hopefully if mine slips valair will give me a deal on a dual disk

Tncoalroller88

Reaction score
Super duty trucks already have a single mass flywheel as far as I know and I checked yesterday on getting a flywheel resurfaced its about 30 bucks round here anyone wanna sell a flywheel cheap lol

Latest posts

Members online