Which coil Springs to lower 06 f-350?

mint-6oh

Reaction score
I have an 2006 F-350 cclb 4x4 6.0l. I want to lower the truck. I plan to remove the rear block and I think the frt needs to drop about 1.5" for the truck to look level without the block. It currently has 6000lb coils up frt. I've tried searching and found 08+ trucks seem to look level with no block and 4800lb springs. Is this true for an 06 also, or will the 4800 springs drop it too much? The other option would be 5200lb springs. Most lowered 05-07 trucks I find have cut coils and I'd rather not do that. Also what is everyone doing for shocks with lowered trucks? thanks

Zmann

Reaction score
Whats the problem with properly cut coils vs the guessing game of finding the exact Height you want from another setup ?

mint-6oh

Reaction score
would like to keep the option to go back to stock/leveled if I want. Also thinking it mite get a little better ride with softer springs. Was hoping someone would have been down this road and I wouldn't be guessing

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
4800lb and no block is level on my truck. I would think it would be the same for an 05-07 truck, but could be wrong. It may actually sit a little nose high assuming your front end and engine are lighter than mine. 5200lb would definitely sit nose high.

mint-6oh

Reaction score
4800lb springs it is. What's everybody doing for shocks and rear u-bolts? My stock u-bolts aren't threaded enough to use without the block, will 250 u-bolts work or do I need aftermarket? Thanks again.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
You'll need like 9.5" u-bolts. That's what I have for mine with no block. Stock shocks work fine too.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Whats the problem with properly cut coils vs the guessing game of finding the exact Height you want from another setup ?

Cut coils may drop height, but the spring rate increases so it would be a stiffer ride. Gets the same job done, but with adverse effects.

Zmann

Reaction score
Agreed but I heard you don't need to cut much for a 1 inch drop ?

but since He already had stiff coils this is definitely the way to go

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I've been down this road. Mine has one coil cut in the front and no rear block. For u bolts just get a local shop to make you up a set that are the right length. no more than 50-60 bucks... I think half coil cut with no blocks will sit right about level. One coil puts you right about on the bumpstops which does not ride so nicely... I have yet to try 4800lb springs but I want to throw a set in to see how it sits and how it rides.

mint-6oh

Reaction score
ordered a set of u-bolts from trevor at pmf and have a set of 4800 lb springs waiting to go in. Was easier to order from pmf than try to get to local shop since they close before I leave work. Should be installed in the next week or so.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Yeah deff easy going with someone good like that. Post pics I want to see how the 4800lb springs sit. I think my next step might be getting a set and cutting half coil so it's as low as it is now with maybe a little better ride

mint-6oh

Reaction score
Will post pics up when done. Will probally be a couple weeks before I have time to do it.

mint-6oh

Reaction score
Got the 4800lb springs in frt with no block in the rear. From the ground to wheel lip measures within 1/4" but looks low in the back to me. Put a stock 250 block in rear (1 3/4") and looks slightly high in rear. I think a 1" block in rear will look level. Cant figure out how to post pic from phone but will do it later when i get to the computer

Latest posts

Members online