which fuel pump

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Currently running a single walbro. Looking to change. Possibly to a bosch 044 or a1000. Injectors will be 300/200s and the truck will be driven on the street alot. Any opinions? Thanks

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
The only reason I havnt pulled the trigger on one. From what I've read it doesn't seem like it would do too good on a daily driving applications having to run for extended periods of time. But I could be wrong

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
I've got 340/200s in my dd/tow rig and I run a air dog 2.....havn't had any drops in pressure but I havn't had it at wot more than 2-3 seconds cause it blows the tires off

Sent while doing burnouts somewhere in the country

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Hope my Airdog doesn't fail. Do you have a regulated return or is pressure set at pump?

TARM

Reaction score
Have they upgraded the standard A1000 pn1101 now to have the same coatings and parts as the marine A1000 pn1108 ? I thought a few years ago the marine version was the one cert for diesel and the standard was not. Looking on Jegs site they have a section stating "shared specifications" In that they list the coating continuous use ratings etc.. I do not see this laid out as such on the aeromotive site itself. In fact it has it as anything not listed on the Marine is covered by the standard. So only the marine version specifically lists diesel rating and the constant duty rating.

Made me wonder if they upgraded and did not update the site or if Jegs has it wrong.

Swaan

Reaction score
No ones mentioned fuelab pumps. There very high quality and pump a lot of fuel. I've had one on my daily driver for almost two years. No issues.

Lang

Reaction score
Hmm driven a lot? I'd put dual Bosch pumps on it. If 1 fails you can still drive it home

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
If your woried about continuos use on the a1000 then you can wire in a pulse width modulator to slow the pull down under half throttle

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
The only reason I havnt pulled the trigger on one. From what I've read it doesn't seem like it would do too good on a daily driving applications having to run for extended periods of time. But I could be wrong

I've had an a1000 on my 6.0 for a year and a half and over 20k miles. Fuel psi gauge hasn't ever dropped from 60psi.

paulwall90

Reaction score
i would go with the bosch 044, they're easy on the pocket and should give you enough fuel! just my opinion. good luck

02BigD

Reaction score
60k plus with an A1000 from 2009. Rubber isolators on the mounting bolts really help deaden the sound. At least you know it's working when turn the key on LOL

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I may go with this pump for my build. Is basically twin in tank pumps but they are wired separately so you can control them independently if you'd like. -10 fittings in and out, soposed to be SUPET quiet. This is the 12-1400 pump and they do make a larger 12-1800 pump. It's rated for diesel and @70 psi
510-12-1400.jpg

TARM

Reaction score
Yep it seems everyone is getting into the diesel game these days.

THe issue with running a PWM i.e a speed controler is cost. Last time I checked the Aero unit was the cost of the pump. $700 for a street setup is a bit much. Its very good to hear the A1000 are lasting. I still would like to know if they use the same internal coating and parts as the marine diesel rated unit.

What I like about the marine version is the 2000hr continuous duty cert. That alone figuring on mixed driving would be at least 60K miles and that is certainly not continuous so I think it would be safe to expect it to be a 100K+ pump. I would pay an extra $70 for that over a standard A1000 just for the piece of mind. Also on a boat it would likely not be expected to get that much air circulation for cooling.

I myself run a 044 with a carter as a lift to ensure all the 044, as the HP pump, has to do is push, no pulling at all and in fact gets positive inlet head pressure from the carter acting as a lift pump to make it even that much easier. I leave all the pulling to the LP HV Carter. My 044 also is inside a external sump so its fuel cooled externally as well so no need to worry about air circulation. Carter to Dahl

Here is a pic of an early mock up of how the setup is:

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/...2-f2e2-469a-bab7-3c128b78bda9_zps2cfaa011.jpg

Here is my chicken scratch diagram I did when I was designing it while I was sitting waiting for a meeting one day:

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/...f-0f30-4532-a010-3fd7061a801d_zps55a05613.jpg

Last edited:

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
That's an interesting set up with the surge tank. That's basically how the holly pump works, is a big void in the housing and twin pumps inside. That's is also the reason i think it's so quiet.

May I ask why you returned the fuel to the surge tank and not the fuel tank? I know that is how a factory set up on a fuel bowl is, just would think that the low pressure pump may mess with the regulator seeing pressure on the return side unless you have a foot valve in there.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
As most guys have said dual sd pumps is a hard set up to beat for reliability.

I have a fuelab on mine. I've been told they are quieter than the A1000, however I've never been able to test the difference in person.

Latest posts

Members online