which hpop

Homesteader

Reaction score
I'm not in any super hurry, guess I should of added that. When I found the deal on the termys it seemed like a good idea until I started doing some research an reading on them. It seems like people either love them or hate them. That's what made me start this thread, honesty the srp1 is where im leaning towards but wanted others opinions

Im in the same boat as you. I have been looking into the srp1 and Twin Termies for some time now. But after seeing the srp1 with some issues I think I'll be going with the twins. The issues that was mentioned about the twins was answered by Joey and I think it was minor compared to the srp1. I have not had a chance to get a hold of Gary to ask him about the srp1 issues. Im not bashing anyone of these pumps so keep it clean.

davey99ps

Reaction score
Im in the same boat as you. I have been looking into the srp1 and Twin Termies for some time now. But after seeing the srp1 with some issues I think I'll be going with the twins. The issues that was mentioned about the twins was answered by Joey and I think it was minor compared to the srp1. I have not had a chance to get a hold of Gary to ask him about the srp1 issues. Im not bashing anyone of these pumps so keep it clean.

I'm on the other side of the fence, I'm leaning more towards waiting for the srp1. I prefer the simplicity of a single. I realise they've had failures, but most new products always have a few bugs to work out an from the sounds of things, Gary is a stand up guy an will take care of his customers just as much as joey will. I guess this all boils down to personal preference, both set-ups will do what i need them to do.

bad12jr

Reaction score
I vote for the twins as well. I plan to add another pump when I go bigger if need be. I'm currently running a t500 and it gets the job done with these oil hungry ad's.

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
What about a gen3. Who's running them? How do they compare? Any reliability issues?

kip4234

Reaction score
I am having Joey build me a new twin termy right now, I am going with 2 reman 15 pumps and having Joey mill the mounting area on the pumps for the Ipr plate to make sure they are perfect and flat. The 15 degree pumps live forever and 2 of them will make lots of oil. I cant wait to get this back and get my truck Running!!!

Tom S

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Tom, I tried reading the data logs but it says I gotta be a member, so I'll have to go back an join tomorrow when I have a lil more free time cuz I'm very interested in the results

I was hoping you could at least see the photos.

kip4234

Reaction score
I had a remote Ipr terminator right when they came out and I know they now have been redone but I had one of the first and it would never seal up I tried every oring and washer combo on the market and it allways leaked so I went away from it. I know Joey has that fixed but I do not like leaks and I am paying extra and having him mill it just to make sure it is perfectly flat. I am glad to be coming back to the terminator as I had loved the power from the Big Oil!!!

Big Bore

Reaction score
I definitely understand why you are doing it, I was just surprised at how flat mine were. I expected a small amount of misalignment, but I did not detect any with my straight edges.

Wackerjr

Reaction score
FWIW the billet spacer has not been an issue for leaks for a long long time . when the remote ipr was added the original design work fairly well but not as anticipated , and a few of them leaked .but ever since the redesign has not been an issue ...as long as you don't strip the front timing cover you should have no more leaks issues then you would normally have on a single pump ... so in short there is no leak issues except for the factory problems . Meaning the service port etc....and ,you have all the reliability of the factory bosch pumps.

kip4234

Reaction score
FWIW the billet spacer has not been an issue for leaks for a long long time . when the remote ipr was added the original design work fairly well but not as anticipated , and a few of them leaked .but ever since the redesign has not been an issue ...as long as you don't strip the front timing cover you should have no more leaks issues then you would normally have on a single pump ... so in short there is no leak issues except for the factory problems . Meaning the service port etc....and ,you have all the reliability of the factory bosch pumps.

I am so ready for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MRT1

Reaction score
I was curious about that recently so I put a straight edge spanning across the port bosses of the two pumps. They are perfect.

Most are perfect, the mill is for a perfect sealing surface for the 90 durometer o-rings. Some pumps have been tumbled during the re-manufacture process and the sealing surface is compromised. Sometimes the port ream can leave a rough surface when the o-ring boss is cut and the depth of the step is not consistent as well.

Latest posts

Members online