Which injectors?

DocBar

Reaction score
I'm giving my brother my 250/100's ( he's sending them in to FFD to be freshened up and resized), my 38R and DI uppies. Other than a CAI and gauges, his truck is a bone stock 2001 CCLB auto 4X4.

He's looking to stay below 400rwhp for reliability reasons and plans on adding a PI TC and BTS valve body to his tranny. The truck has 360,000 miles on it.
Matt R will be his tuner.

Any advice on what size injector he should go with?

mustube

Reaction score
175/100s. I have some with Gearhead tunes, and my truck is an absolute blast to drive compared to stock. Has great power for passing and merging into traffic. Even with my 37s, I can roast the tires from a roll.

psduser1

Reaction score
I like my setup, in sig, I don't know a number, but it does everything a towrig needs to do, and well. I routinely pull over 14k, with no problems. Egts are nice, plenty of power on Matt's tunes.

DocBar

Reaction score
My PIS 175/80's seem like a great combo with the 38r at those HP levels. EGT's are tame when towing too!

175/100s. I have some with Gearhead tunes, and my truck is an absolute blast to drive compared to stock. Has great power for passing and merging into traffic. Even with my 37s, I can roast the tires from a roll.
Are you guys running a stock 4R100 or have you upgraded it?

I like my setup, in sig, I don't know a number, but it does everything a towrig needs to do, and well. I routinely pull over 14k, with no problems. Egts are nice, plenty of power on Matt's tunes.

What injectors are you running?

mustube

Reaction score
I have a stock rebuild with a billet dacco converter and a 6.0 cooler. Never misses a beat except for my broken intermediate shaft but I think that was a product of my truck being abused by the previous owner.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

DocBar

Reaction score
If they are already 250/100's i wouldn't mess with em, other than maybe go to an 80% nozzle.
With the power level he's wanting to be at, I'd just as soon change them. He's in his 50's and will never want more power. The only reason he's doing anything at all is due to the stock turbo surging and I'm giving him the stuff.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I wouldn't change them at all. Be a waste of money.

One could easily write a do all smoke free 400hp tune. Just have to limit PW. And fuel vs rpm.

DocBar

Reaction score
I wouldn't change them at all. Be a waste of money.

One could easily write a do all smoke free 400hp tune. Just have to limit PW. And fuel vs rpm.
I've been thinking on that and think I'll leave it up to Matt's recommendation. Go with whatever he would rather tune.

JD3020

Reaction score
Yep, shouldn't have an issue tuning it to be exactly how he wants it. Hell i have no clue what i'm doing, but i'd say my truck is in the 375-400hp range with a D66 and smokefree, so it can't be that hard. LOL

DocBar

Reaction score
Yep, shouldn't have an issue tuning it to be exactly how he wants it. Hell i have no clue what i'm doing, but i'd say my truck is in the 375-400hp range with a D66 and smokefree, so it can't be that hard. LOL

Hell. I wrote a tune that makes my 450/400s smoke free.

100% nozzle. Piece a piss for Matt
Thanks for the advice, guys. I will talk to Matt and see what he thinks. I'm not against leaving them where they're at, I just want them to be perfect for what my brother is looking for.

:thumbsup:

psduser1

Reaction score
Hey doc, mine are 160/100s, but as long as there is no mechanical problems, I'd leave yours be, like everyone else is suggesting. The nozzle is the physical limit, and a 100% nozzle is fairly common now. Matt wrote my tunes, for a manual trans obviously, but the power side is just fine. On the tow tune, its almost smokefree, except on the very bottom. Once the turbo is lit, its as clean as anything else on the road. I usually use his hot street tune to tow with, and I can push egts to 13ish, but that's with a lot of weight! All this on the first try, never needed to send the chip back for any tweaks.
Rock what you got, the tunes will make it easy.:thumbup:

Latest posts

Members online