Which Jack do you use on your lifted PSD?

truckman1974

Reaction score
My truck has an 8" lift on it and I'm thinking about Jacks. Other than an actual lift, what jack do you use? If you had a flat on the side of the road what would you pull out to change your tire (besides your cell phone!)?

Post Pictures and pros/cons about your selection.....best price you've found on it would be nice too.

I found this "Powerbuilt 640912 All-In-One 3-Ton Bottle Jack with Jack Stand" that seems nice but it had mixed reviews on the couple different sites I visited. Made me wonder what all of you were using......

Thanks for the input!

http://www.amazon.com/Powerbuilt-64...id=1435544980&sr=8-5&keywords=jack+stand+lift

JRLott

Reaction score
That's pretty cool looking. Reduce the need for carrying a high tech 2x8 considerably. Wonder how bad it side loads and sticks.

truckman1974

Reaction score
I don't know. It is cool though. But if it has a lot of poor complaints then I want to explore other options. I'd like to know that I can change my own tire on the side of the road if needed. I have roadside but just need to be prepared in case I am ever in the situation and need to do it myself.

I know people have some lifted truck capable jacks out there.........I just need to see some good options.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Find a bottle jack of the correct weight rating you desire.

Cut some sections of plywood 12" square or larger. You can make several different sizes if needed. Maybe 3 with the smaller sizes able to be stacked on top of the larger ones.

This will increase the "small" footprint of the bottle jack; Provide a more stable platform to lift the truck; Will not sink into very soft ground very easily; Adds height to the jack so you will not top out the jack.

The below can be used easily for what you want with a base support as I described.
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-6-ton-hydraulic-jack/p-00950282000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Pstrke96

Reaction score
20 ton HF bottoms jack and lots of lumber in both trucks and cargo trailer. RV has hydraulic leveling, hit the button raise the side until tires are free snap on cordless impact I can do a tire in like 5 minutes

Latest posts

Members online