Which oil cooler?

tannerbutler2253

Reaction score
Just put a egr ****** kit in my 6.0 and I'm gonna put a new oil cooler on to. While one do you recommend getting? Stock ford? Or an aftermarket? If aftermarket which one?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

slc6oh

Reaction score
ford/maxxforce oil cooler. no if' ands or buts. my ebay special one **** the mount o ring after 3 months and was leaking oil. ( should have known better )

replaced with factory oil cooler, cut the ebay one and a clogged oem one I had sitting on the bench, and had a dorman one sitting there as well. cut them all open with a band saw.

the ford/maxxforce one looks waaaay better inside. more uniform. even had more rows in it .

the dorman one looked worse than the ebay one.

slc6oh

Reaction score
my delts t's were good with the china/ebay special one, but are even better with the fold one. average 3-6 degree split. with china was like 6-10

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
I went with OEM from Sunrise Ford. Swapped my factory one out with a 6* Delta when I replaced headgaskets and other goodies. New one sits a 0* with a low HP tune.

Don't skimp out on a cheaper one since if you're digging that far into it.

JMart

Reaction score
Yes, go with the OEM oil cooler. I bought one from Pacific Performance Engineering and it split a gasket and started leaking after 500 miles. Since I had to tear back into it I swapped it out for a OEM at that point. Delta's were around 10* with the PPE unit and dropped to 0-3* with the OEM. I am pretty sure the PPE was just a repackaged Dorman.

slc6oh

Reaction score
What about bullet proofs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im sure its great. and to some its more feesible. but too spendy for my blood, specially when a properly maintained factory system works just fine for most all situations.

Bobbys6.0

Reaction score
We changed a few oil coolers in the passed 3 months witch the customers went with Dorman and haven't had any issues with them. I remember cause we all had bets on how long they would last... But as for me I would go with the oem..

slc6oh

Reaction score
We changed a few oil coolers in the passed 3 months witch the customers went with Dorman and haven't had any issues with them. I remember cause we all had bets on how long they would last... But as for me I would go with the oem..

yeah dorman made it a year in my friends case. then the mount o ring was leaking bad.

it got an oem one too.

Latest posts

Members online