whisper/stealth tunes

mandkole

Reaction score
Who else has tried these? The one Ive got from PHP is duramax quiet (its kinda cool), but its served up with a healthy dose of unburnt fuel as well. I think the attendant would rather have the noise than the fuel smoke.

I havent tried the tune in park or neutral, but with a converter idle load on it, no bueno.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Had the same crap with Dp tunes. Would make your eyes water it was so bad.

I drive a diesel, a 7.3 to add to that... Drive up to the speaker, turn the truck off. Drive up to the window, turn the truck off.

I have a video of it on my Youtube account, but no reason to link it.

JD3020

Reaction score
Some places i can get by just fine by using the whisper tune when i'm ordering, although i usually shut it off, and then at the window i just let it run. Although i was at Wendy's the other day and the window girl was freaking out because there was smoke rolling out of the front of my truck. It was just my CCV thats dumped in the fender-well. LOL

But the fuel smell is pretty bad, so if theres a bunch of cars behind me and the wind is blowing in their direction, i'll just shut it off. Probably get rid of the whisper tune when i get a re-burn.

01PSD

Reaction score
Some places i can get by just fine by using the whisper tune when i'm ordering, although i usually shut it off, and then at the window i just let it run. Although i was at Wendy's the other day and the window girl was freaking out because there was smoke rolling out of the front of my truck. It was just my CCV thats dumped in the fender-well. LOL

But the fuel smell is pretty bad, so if theres a bunch of cars behind me and the wind is blowing in their direction, i'll just shut it off. Probably get rid of the whisper tune when i get a re-burn.

LOL I turn mine off at the speaker but usually leave it running at the window. I was sitting there one day and the CCV was hazing right up into the window... I was thinking "they probably think my truck is a POS" LOL

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Last edited:

SeeYa

Reaction score
Do you even know what you put on the chip???

I dont like linking this video, because its free advertisement for you... I should change the title...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQTOIAIEcmY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNp8KkGZmSA

Good lord listen to that rattle... How you guys could tune that horrible...:cursing:

Whatever Joe. We keep very good records and you do not have the Drive thru tune for your truck from us. For all we know that's the tunes from the used F5 chip you bought off the forums. :lame:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Whatever Joe. We keep very good records and you do not have the Drive thru tune for your truck from us. For all we know that's the tunes from the used F5 chip you bought off the forums. :lame:

Good lord Diane...

Always one for reaching you are. You know as well as I do that the chip I bought came from Clam, after blowing up two motors back to back, he sold it to me, and since you keep such good records you should know he had an Excursion, which means the tunes would not work on my truck...

The chip went from him, to me to you...

Records... For what? Loudest voice while screaming in the background...:slap:

SeeYa

Reaction score
Good lord Diane...

Always one for reaching you are. You know as well as I do that the chip I bought came from Clam, after blowing up two motors back to back, he sold it to me, and since you keep such good records you should know he had an Excursion, which means the tunes would not work on my truck...

The chip went from him, to me to you...

Records... For what? Loudest voice while screaming in the background...:slap:

After watching the video, Joe you don't know what you had. Drive thru doesn't make the truck shake like the video shows. It quieter and does not bounce around. That was lope/smoke as indicated on your tunes list.

Jody had no idea who you bought it from. We usually don't ask when the chip is getting reflashed anyway.

Yeah I only yell at idiots who post my personal cell number on the internet without my permission. :morons:

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Oh I'm sure... Your records are so good.

Love the fact that you breezed over the fact he popped two motors running your chip...

Mind you I called and YOU told me it was mixed up and the drive thru tune was put on... Or was that just one of your lapses in memory...

SeeYa

Reaction score
Oh I'm sure... Your records are so good.

Love the fact that you breezed over the fact he popped two motors running your chip...

Mind you I called and YOU told me it was mixed up and the drive thru tune was put on... Or was that just one of your lapses in memory...

Just like you to blame everyone but yourself or should I say the person who built the engine!

Last edited:

neverkickn

Reaction score
That number 8 was REALLY quiet and smooth for a lope/smoke tune:lookaround:

moose99psd

Reaction score
LOL I turn mine off at the speaker but usually leave it running at the window. I was sitting there one day and the CCV was hazing right up into the window... I was thinking "they probably think my truck is a POS" LOL

hahahah so im not the only person?! i always feel bad because it smells awful...

Do you even know what you put on the chip???

I dont like linking this video, because its free advertisement for you... I should change the title...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQTOIAIEcmY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNp8KkGZmSA

Good lord listen to that rattle... How you guys could tune that horrible...:cursing:

:jawdrop: jesus i forgot how awful that thing sounded!!!

Tom S

Reaction score
Who else has tried these? The one Ive got from PHP is duramax quiet (its kinda cool), but its served up with a healthy dose of unburnt fuel as well. I think the attendant would rather have the noise than the fuel smoke.

I havent tried the tune in park or neutral, but with a converter idle load on it, no bueno.

I have one but it is not on the chip right now. If I had a circumstance where I need the motor quiet for a short time on a regular basis I would put it back on the chip. The down side is the smell from having the timing pulled back. I do not think it would be wise to run for more then a short time.

mandkole

Reaction score
If I ever send the chip in, I'll likely have it removed as it has no practical value. its definitely quiet but the bigger nozzles and no timing equate to a strong haze of white fuel smoke. When the truck was live tuned, it was added as a curiousity. Id hate to switch to it while im headed down the road.

ToMang07

Reaction score
So the argument is it wasn't a Quite tune....it was a Lope Tune?

Must just be the worst lope tune EVER... :slap:

SeeYa

Reaction score
So the argument is it wasn't a Quite tune....it was a Lope Tune?

Must just be the worst lope tune EVER... :slap:

For arguments sake....not ALL trucks like the lope tune and will have the opposite reaction to the tune. What do you think the trucks sounds like when this happens?

Latest posts

Members online