whisper/stealth tunes

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
So the argument is it wasn't a Quite tune....it was a Lope Tune?

Must just be the worst lope tune EVER... :slap:

This is what I was thinking.

yes not all trucks will react the same, but seriously youre saying a truck that has the lope tune ended up sounding and acting identical to a whisper tune? If that's the case tell jody to just send people his lope tune when they need whisper tunes, because that is the quietest lope tune ever. You guys have a lot of opposite reactions happen, 80e was supposed to be a safe dd tune...
If Joe says something is crap, ill believe him. He probably has more hands on testing experience than anyone else here. Sad thing is ive only heard him talk bad about 1 product.

Op, I wouldnt waste the chip spot on it. It came on my chip and all i do is worry if I accidently bumped it onto that tune while driving.

Last edited:

SeeYa

Reaction score

yes not all trucks will react the same, but seriously youre saying a truck that has the lope tune ended up sounding and acting identical to a whisper tune? If that's the case tell jody to just send people his lope tune when they need whisper tunes, because that is the quietest lope tune ever. You guys have a lot of opposite reactions happen, 80e was supposed to be a safe dd tune...
If Joe says something is crap, ill believe him. He probably has more hands on testing experience than anyone else here. Sad thing is ive only heard him talk bad about 1 product.

Op, I wouldnt waste the chip spot on it. It came on my chip and all i do is worry if I accidently bumped it onto that tune while driving.

That's what I'm saying. Some like it and some don't

average

Reaction score
I have the DP drive thru tune and it's perfect, don't have to turn the truck off when I want to order food or I'm at the bank. Nice and quiet, just smokes a lil extra, I turn it back to regular when I'm ready to move again.

neverkickn

Reaction score
I have the DP drive thru tune and it's perfect, don't have to turn the truck off when I want to order food or I'm at the bank. Nice and quiet, just smokes a lil extra, I turn it back to regular when I'm ready to move again.

Thats actually the smoke/lope tune, hence the extra smoke.

TyCorr

Reaction score
My php "whisper" tune is absurdly quiet. Never noticed the smoke honestly. I dont do bank drive thrus because with all but my new wheel/tire setup id hit the curb on one side, the other, or both. I have a phobia of fast food drive thrus so that is not an issue. Not to mention Im a foot.higher than the head of the service window anyway. 6" lift and 37s makes a superduty pretty big!

Ive read reviews of many different tuners work. A couple big names have come up short in my experience. PHP tunes were extremely effective for me. They always just flat out worked. My race files seemed a little less on the top but that may have been my hpo system.

My next to try are gearhead, nltd, or swamps.

SeeYa

Reaction score

Thats actually the smoke/lope tune, hence the extra smoke.

Lope/ Smoke was never on our tunes list to purchase by the general public. It was only done at the request of one of our customers. As it was talked about more online it became requested more. Lope alone does not smoke. Unless you are having an issue.

Dave has drive thru. If left in it a little too long it will have a haze. I only recommend it for short term use. I don't notice any smoke if I drive around in it under 10 mph. Only when at idle does it have a haze when left in it too long. We have many customers who use Drive thru for campgrounds when heading out early in the mornings.

I don't like either tune very much and we only did them at our customers request. Of the two I do prefer Drive thru over lope or lope/smoke as they are annoying.

SeeYa

Reaction score

As early as last week we had a customer call us who got a lope tune 4 years ago. He called wanting to know why suddenly the lope tune didn't work anymore when it did for 4 years. He said his truck became quiet when he put it to the lope tune.

Can you tell me why the truck did this?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online