White smoke and rough idle on start

crashidy

Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker but finally registered. I have a 2009 6.4l with 200km on it. Edge evolution and pipe since 50000km. Lately on occasion when i start it up it may run fine for a minute or try at idle then start to misfire /knock and send out some white smoke. If i shut it off and restart it is often fine. It is quite hit or miss. Fuel filters and oil changed regularly, only run certain diesel to make sure it is good quality. Removed the oil cap and there is some blow by. How much is too much? No codes on programmer. Runs strong otherwise. Any suggestions? Injectors starting to go?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
It will puff hard if there's excess blowby. These trucks don't necessarily throw codes when they're broke lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crashidy

Reaction score
looks like i will dump some injector cleaner in and see if that helps. Might as well get it checked out too. thanks for the info, i was worried that might be the case

crashidy

Reaction score
Had it scanned and it checked out fine. Normal pressure in coolent reservoir, minimal blow by on oil cap. Running a bunch of injector cleaner through my next couple tanks. Seems better already. Also going to take our my edge race tuner and get an h & s mini max so i can delete the egr as well. If any one wants to buy an edge cs diesel race evolution i have one for sale. It will delete dpf.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online