Who else runs hot?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thank you and yes you sent me a 195 I recall you telling me that. I went and got a 180, 203 and a 205 just to see the difference in temps and open points ect.

Please, do not think I am debating anything with you. I have ZERO reason nor do I not believe everything you are telling me here; Seriously. You are only reporting based on the results you see right in front of your face every day, what is there to debate about that!?! LOL

Once you established that your oil and coolant were in range of each other all I wanted was to try and figure out what was different to cause them both to go so high compared to others. Basically why your results are what they are. I am not questioning the validity of your results at all. I am trying to learn from them. It why I stated not to feel in any way obligated to continue other than to help me learn what the difference might be to explain the variation and if you were interested as well.

Of course there could be all sorts of things. I was just hoping maybe if we looked at some basic things it could answer the "why" so no need to go on about it any further

I am glad your truck is working ok and you are at least not cooking your oil anymore. Also I was super happy with everything you sent me and how it all worked out for me. You saved me time and money. Its too bad the IH pump did not work with your dual alt setup as I know you put a good amount of time and $$ into it all. Everything worked fine for me. I had to file some casting on the lower inlet on the pump as the seam created just enough of a angle I thought it might not seal well but it was a 1 min thing. Very easy. No leaking and works well.

Best wishes.

I still want to run one. I have an idea to modify one but as a dad with 3 young, increasingly busy kids, I dont have much time for my "wouldnt that be cool" list.

I just hope that pump lasts for a long time as it was a pretty good value compared to the IH price.

TARM

Reaction score
I hope so as well. I completely can relate to the kids thing. Three teenage girls 12,13,15. We live 20 miles from town so everything is a drive and they are always doing something and it all seems to cost $$ as well, go figure!?!

I am hopeful with the pump as it does have the bypass filter and apparently many local gov used them with the old school bus and trucks. We will see as I should put some serious miles on it over the next year. It could not be any worse then the last ford pump that made it less than a year and that was after a coolant flush.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I hope so as well. I completely can relate to the kids thing. Three teenage girls 12,13,15. We live 20 miles from town so everything is a drive and they are always doing something and it all seems to cost $$ as well, go figure!?!

I am hopeful with the pump as it does have the bypass filter and apparently many local gov used them with the old school bus and trucks. We will see as I should put some serious miles on it over the next year. It could not be any worse then the last ford pump that made it less than a year and that was after a coolant flush.

Im wondering if I could cut that elbow off and then tap it for a 90npt elbow facing down? It was literally hitting the pulley. One instance I wish I had one alternator.

TARM

Reaction score
I do not see why not. To be honest I have not tapped a cast iron like that before. My only concern would be the consistency of the wall thickness. If that is ok then I would think it would work. Maybe a possible way to test this would be to go to a salvage yard and find a T444e out of a bus or dump truck etc.. pull the water pump. Then test your idea out on it. If it works great buy a new one and repeat. If not you are only out $20-$30 for the pulled pump. heck it can be a fried pump whatever. You only need to check it for fitment.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I do not see why not. To be honest I have not tapped a cast iron like that before. My only concern would be the consistency of the wall thickness. If that is ok then I would think it would work. Maybe a possible way to test this would be to go to a salvage yard and find a T444e out of a bus or dump truck etc.. pull the water pump. Then test your idea out on it. If it works great buy a new one and repeat. If not you are only out $20-$30 for the pulled pump. heck it can be a fried pump whatever. You only need to check it for fitment.

I have made it that far but unable to find one. Judging by the heft of that thing im thinking it would be doable. Im still a little sore in the trousers that I couldnt run that thing, lol.

Latest posts

Members online