Who has a painted grill surround?

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
How did you remove the grill surround from the rest of the grill? I've taken the grill off before and it looks next to impossible to remove the surround.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
you just have to use small pics and screw drivers to open the clips up, get new push pins where required

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
I'm gonna try getting it apart tomorrow. When y'all say get new push pins, how would I attach those to the surround? Wouldn't I have just broken the old ones off?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
cool, it gets a little confusing trying to describe things so if we have a visual it should help

12stroker

Reaction score
351-5B7DE40331FB-5435-000004C207E4B126_zpsdb6d287c.jpg

After you unbolt the grille there is another set of bolts you need to remove in this picture. That are on the upperside towars the grille and remove that piece and then at that time it will expose the push pins that need to be broke/cut off and replaced with new ones.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Whatever you do, get it clear bra'd when you are done painting. Dearden did his that way and it looks just as good as the day it came out of the booth. No chips, no nada.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
what's this clear bra you talk about steve?

It's a film by 3m used on the rocker panels of vehicles to keep road chips and debri off your paint. It's kind of taken a new life over the past couple years though. People get it done on their hoods as bug guards, bumpers to protect the paint, etc., Dearden was the first I've heard of to do it on a PTM grille. He swears by it. JD is doing the same thing with mine on the bumpers, grille, rockers, you name it

Latest posts

Members online