Who has the best out of the box 160 single shot tunes?

2dedge

Reaction score
I know what I have they are 160's with stock nozzles, I just miss wrote.

And if they were bigger then I would have smoke/temp problems.

I don't want this to be a bash fest but I feel a little better that I not the only one with issues.

Should I have been impressed by the injectors and van turbo? I see higher boost but it really didn't seem to pull any harder.

rat49f6

Reaction score
Van turbo should pull harder longer and those injectors should light it pretty quick

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

CSIPSD

Reaction score
My Wifes Excursion hauls butt. I enjoy driving it more then my truck sometimes. Just point and shoot.

firehunter

Reaction score
I have a Hydra chip on the way and Matt at Gearhead is working very diligently with me on similar issues. I even took the extra step to do a compression test to verifiy some of the mechanical possibilities for the cold start-smoke issue. I have 160/30's that otherwise run very well with Matt's tuning.

Black 02

Reaction score
My truck was pretty snorty for just Stage II's. Stage I's won't be as noticable.

With the proper mods, you should be in the high 300's for horsepower. Not bad considering the truck came with a touch over 200 at the engine.

With tuning and the injectors, you should be feeling a seat of the pants difference. If not, I'm not sure what the issue is.

Good luck.

2dedge

Reaction score
So if I get the hydra I can buy tunes from Bill as well as Matt, and Dave ect?

rat49f6

Reaction score
Joe somewhere I was reading that people were having issues while changing tunes between diffrent tuners ...have you heard anythi g about this?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
No I have not. I could see that being a possibility, but would have to ask Bill.

rat49f6

Reaction score
Iirc it was because diffrent tuners use diffrent base maps for the same pcm code... that and bill uses hex codes or pcm code others ask for just pcm code as far as ive seen

chris1978

Reaction score
From what I understand the only time you will have issues is if you have say a PMT file on position 1 and a MNM file on position 2 and switch between them you will experience stalling. All the files need to be of the same strategy.

The Hydra is by far the best purchase I've made in a while. Shipping chips back and forth for reburns gets old when living north of the border. Burnt a full set of files from three different tuners to it a couple of weeks ago and it took longer for me to decide the file order than it did to burn the chip.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
Iirc it was because diffrent tuners use diffrent base maps for the same pcm code... that and bill uses hex codes or pcm code others ask for just pcm code as far as ive seen

i believe what you are asking is if you can mix and match tunes on the same chip. this depends if all the files were derived from the same base file and if the same template/definition was used to make the tune, then yes you may be able to mix and match otherwise you will need to shut off the truck before switching between the tunes

rat49f6

Reaction score
Thats what I thought the issue was

Latest posts

Members online