Who is Running a Twin HPOP Setup on Their 6.0?

NathannialD

Reaction score
I see there's a Thumper 3 in testing right now. Even then though I'd have to pull the engine and switch over to the '05 and up oil system. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

You could just pull the trans to save some hassle over pulling the engine. The early stuff is probably holding you back already

KCTurbos

Reaction score
You could just pull the trans to save some hassle over pulling the engine. The early stuff is probably holding you back already

Im pretty sure you have to pull the heads to get the branch tubes out... has anyone managed to get them out without pulling the heads?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
They come out with the heads on. Need rear cover off, rails off, and two rear rocker assemblies off. Along with a buddy who doesnt mind staring into a hole to tell you where to go with the socket. Gotta go in at an angle, and have the torx bit in there cocked to get it, but it does work. Locking extensions are also a must, otherwise the head will come off to get the socket out of the motor after it gets knocked off a non locking extension. Dont ask me how i know.... :doh:

Reaction score
4d4c797d1610e3a0197631e395601817.jpg

I run a dual hpop set up on my regular cab with a RCD thumper 1 in the rear. Oil for day!
It's a lot of tad/Elite's design like what Nathannial was talking about earlier in here. I changed a few things around. It's started as a DIY kit and I built from there. I had a set of RCD 305/150 hybrids in the truck and this was WAY to much oil went to a large conventional and it was perfect. I put about 8K miles on it last summer of street driving back and forth to work, even drove it home from PA when I wouldn't be scared to drive it a good distance at all.

swinky

Reaction score
4d4c797d1610e3a0197631e395601817.jpg

I run a dual hpop set up on my regular cab with a RCD thumper 1 in the rear. Oil for day!
It's a lot of tad/Elite's design like what Nathannial was talking about earlier in here. I changed a few things around. It's started as a DIY kit and I built from there. I had a set of RCD 305/150 hybrids in the truck and this was WAY to much oil went to a large conventional and it was perfect. I put about 8K miles on it last summer of street driving back and forth to work, even drove it home from PA when I wouldn't be scared to drive it a good distance at all.
Have you monitored lpo at wot?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Have you monitored lpo at wot?

Yes sir I have, if my memory is correct last I drove the truck was a few months ago and I believe it was 80psi+

I added a few things to this set up I have never seen before 1 being a reservoir tank to hold enough oil to make a full pass and not run dry from some calculations

84a92ac595a54fa5d45a07e989dcab30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
Yes sir I have, if my memory is correct last I drove the truck was a few months ago and I believe it was 80psi+

I added a few things to this set up I have never seen before 1 being a reservoir tank to hold enough oil to make a full pass and not run dry from some calculations

84a92ac595a54fa5d45a07e989dcab30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That makes sense. I figured it would need something like that.

Latest posts

Members online