Who makes the best non VGT tunes?

Cmont33

Reaction score
Almost done with building my own t4 mount and will be running an s366 with 205/100 injectors. Need to get some tunes made and thought I'd ask who has the best tunes in your opinion. Truck see some street use but never tows.

slc6oh

Reaction score
Agree, its hard to crown a "best" i started with idp and was back and forth with em a good 2months and jus couldnt get the shift into od right for me/my driving. Tried gh, first batch shifted into od too soon but all the other shifts were "smoother" than idp. Went back to idp street tune and Added a 40hp ficm tune... It was better Better but still didnt like it. Got back with gh and told em to push my shift into od out on my srl files and they did, and for the first time in the 4,000mi sense i went non vgt i can say im completely happy with how it drives/shifts.... To me power was 6's between em both. Im on stock injectors though. None of thats intended to dogg idp, as i loved thier tunes on my stock charger.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Agree, its hard to crown a "best" i started with idp and was back and forth with em a good 2months and jus couldnt get the shift into od right for me/my driving. Tried gh, first batch shifted into od too soon but all the other shifts were "smoother" than idp. Went back to idp street tune and Added a 40hp ficm tune... It was better Better but still didnt like it. Got back with gh and told em to push my shift into od out on my srl files and they did, and for the first time in the 4,000mi sense i went non vgt i can say im completely happy with how it drives/shifts.... To me power was 6's between em both. Im on stock injectors though. None of thats intended to dogg idp, as i loved thier tunes on my stock charger.

we've had ALOT of good luck with the GH non-vgt stuff. they have so many people out there, it seems they have covered the spectrum thanks to people like you. we sell the tunes daily and get very few complaint or requests for revisions for even the most complicated setups .

slc6oh

Reaction score
Yeah and my request for revision was primarily because my stop and go 50mph daily commute was just a ****ty speed to keep having it get into od locked at part throttle (like sub 20%) and be way under the turbo. Had em push it out to 55ish, now its about as good as its gonna get on stock injectors,35s,and 373s. (Whitch is all but perfect! Lights charger with ease) Happy customer, with gear head and joey at sob performance here in salt lake.

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
Geerhead. I've tried quite a few and have always been impressed with geerhead.

My trans guys probably have as many built 5rs out there as anyone and they like geerhead.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'm still using IDP for my non VGT setup. Eric has always treated me well. Had my tunes in less than 24 hours and I was even using a middle man (local shop).

I've heard great things about GH too, just never had the opportunity to try them out. I don't think you can go wrong.

Also, for anyone running a non VGT setup, if you don't already have FICM tuning coupled with your PCM tunes, do yourself a favor and try them out. Made a big difference in how my truck spooled and drivability.

slc6oh

Reaction score
I will second the ficm tune (40hp or so, nothing too hot) with a non vgt for sure... Im willing to bet on srlxx and the ficm tune it lights the 362 with stock injectors just as fast if not faster than the stock vgt did. Also picked up a solid 2.5mpg around town. (No long enough freeway trips yet but while up cruising im readind a steady 23-24mpg on the instant mpg on the edge) also, ficm tune made my lie-o-meter just about dead on accurate for whatever reason (within 0.10mpg vs hand cal)

Latest posts

Members online