Who sells aluminum oil fill caps?

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
I am putting together an oil bypass system and am in need of an aluminum oil fill cap. I called billet depot and all they had where covers for the factory plastic cap. Anyone know where I could get one from?

Lilpooh

Reaction score
I am putting together an oil bypass system and am in need of an aluminum oil fill cap. I called billet depot and all they had where covers for the factory plastic cap. Anyone know where I could get one from?

What oil filter head are you going with? If the threads are 5/8-18, then the BPD adapter for Amsoil filters will allow you to use the Amsoil EaBP 90/100/110 filters.

Lilpooh

Reaction score
I have an earls bypass head with 3/4-16 threads. I turned down an addapter on a lathe to run the amsoil bypass filter.

Well since you have access to a lathe, make your own oil fill cap. The threads are 1.250 x 7 thread. For the filter adapter, the restrictor hole is .043", this will allow oil flow thru the filter at 1qt per minute.

I've made two different style oil fill caps, one style is solid billet, and the other is 2 piece. The two piece has a aluminum top with a nylon insert, the insert is pinned with SS spring pin.

3805a2d0.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.