Who's got the knock/tick

star73

Reaction score
My 2010 6.4 just started knocking in lower rpm's when it gets warmed up. I can hear it most when the truck is in park. Sounds terrible. Has about 1k miles on new short block :doh:. I know there is a TSB for an engine tick but mine sounds more like a knock. Truck is all stock. Anyone else's truck have this problem? Also anyone know of any good ford dealers i could take it to in Pa or maryland? I still have warrenty left.

Emery19

Reaction score
Mine sounds like it has a bunch of square pistons in it. I just turn the radio up.

yeah, thats a trend for me. i just turn the radio up so i cant hear it. if i cant hear it nothings wron. i just expect it to make noise. its a diesel. it never bothererd me. mine probably doesnt even do it.

as for good ford dealers in pa or maryland. Selinsgrove Ford did me very well the couple times i had my truck there when i was at school.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I have had the tick just off idle since almost new. A knock in a new motor that just started would worry me.

star73

Reaction score
I dropped it off at the dealer this morning and they called and told me it was normal and everything is ok. I found that hard to believe. So I took it to another dealer and asked if I could have a diesel tech listen to my truck real quick. He listened to it and said that he never heard one knock like that and something is wrong internally but he cant fix it cause theres no codes or anything :mad:. I will try to post up a video soon.

fine69

Reaction score
Go see Glen at Baierl Ford in Zelienople, PA. Or go to Allegheny Ford in Pittsburgh. Both are great diesel shops.

Latest posts

Members online