Who's ran Nitto Mud Grapplers?

Clint_FX4

Reaction score
I've heard really bad things about getting low mileage out of them.

I've been running my 33x12.50 mud grapplers for just about 4k miles and so far so good.

Anyone else had good luck with them?

Sprman

Reaction score
I had them for awhile. Got them from a bud to try out and they had like 30k on them. I put another 14k or so on them i believe and then gave them back to him (at this time, i wouldn't consider them a "mud" grappler anymore. More like a "bald" grappler. But he drove them for a little bit until he traded the truck in. Just keep em rotated and the air pressure good and you should be able to get decent mileage out of em.

Clint_FX4

Reaction score
I had them for awhile. Got them from a bud to try out and they had like 30k on them. I put another 14k or so on them i believe and then gave them back to him (at this time, i wouldn't consider them a "mud" grappler anymore. More like a "bald" grappler. But he drove them for a little bit until he traded the truck in. Just keep em rotated and the air pressure good and you should be able to get decent mileage out of em.

So there is hope! LOL I actually enjoy the noise. I'd just like to get at least 25k out of them.

rc4wd

Reaction score
I have seen some of the bigger tires get decent mileage but the smaller ones i see around 20k or so on just keep them rotated and the right air pressure in them

chappy

Reaction score
Man its a crap shoot really. I'm gonna take a chance myself and get some in a 35in. My buddy has them on his 04 and they are noisey . If I can get 2-3 summers out of them I'll be happy.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Holy crap are they loud. Love it myself. The are super aggressive but pretty soft so im shure they wear quick. Had em on mine for 200 miles. They suck on slushy snow going round corners. No sideways stability to them! But if your going straight, youll get through anything!

JMart

Reaction score
Had em on my 08. Put 21k on them before I got rid of the truck. They get louder as they wear. They were pretty good offroad. Still had about 40% tire left when I got rid of the truck. But I rotated them every 3k.

huck2080

Reaction score
my boy ran them on his 97 , got about 45k out of them in a 40 but he rotated them every oil change , and was good about checking tire pressure and alignment ..

cumminskiller

Reaction score
Im currently running them in 35's. love the look and the way they hook offroad..but they are deffinatly annoying on the road. Got about 12K on mine now and still lots and lots of tread. Would love to get rid of them if i could find a buyer just way to loud for me.

Cody

Reaction score
i know a few people that have ran a set, id get BFG Mud Terrains instead for a MT, i know alot of people that have had them and i plan on buying another set after i finish wearing these down i know four buddies who have bought a set after seeing how they do on my truck.. my dad has over 70k on his

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I can't hear your question over these mud grapplers....

Seriously though, that's all I've heard, loud and wear like poo.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
So there is hope! LOL I actually enjoy the noise. I'd just like to get at least 25k out of them.
If you like noise these are the tires for you. People get the ***k out of the way when they hear you coming. Its pretty entertaining to watch everyone on the road roll up their windows as you pass them.

25k shouldn't be an issue if you keep them up to pressure and rotate them. That said, I have ~25k on mine, rarely check pressue and they have only been rotated once. I have about another 10k left in them before I hit wear bars. I wish they could be cross rotated though. My limited slip is shot so my right sides are wearing faster than the left.

I have seen some of the bigger tires get decent mileage but the smaller ones i see around 20k or so on just keep them rotated and the right air pressure in them
Yup.

Holy crap are they loud. Love it myself. The are super aggressive but pretty soft so im shure they wear quick. Had em on mine for 200 miles. They suck on slushy snow going round corners. No sideways stability to them! But if your going straight, youll get through anything!
x2 on the lateral stability. Right on par with Boggers.

These tires are indeed loud. IME, they are about the second loudest DOT tire out there, behind Boggers. They put the kids to sleep inside of two minutes though.LOL I actually think mine are quieting down with mileage. I know, it doesn't usually work that way. Maybe I'm just used to them.

My truck rarely sees mud unless I'm using it here on the farm. I'm thinking about going with the Trail Grapplers next time.

Latest posts

Members online