who's truck is this?

triple6diesel

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Then don't beat one truck to death and actually read around here on various peoples builds and shop project trucks. Even if you had all the information in the world about that one truck (which i don't even know the story behind) it still is not going to be close to how your truck will perform with that exact setup. EVERY truck is different and there are many ways to "drop $25,000 on a project truck". If you're the slightest bit concerned about spending that money halfway efficiently you would be researching various setups and speaking with shops on what they think about what you want to build.

Hope that helps. If not, drop that money my way so it gets spent more usefully.

looking for something turn-key. Rudys has had this truck building it with a full long block, RCD rods, bigger pistons, reduced compression, new heads, 300 hybrids, billet trans and converter, the works... truck only has 100k miles on a brand new motor... Seriously thinking about it... and its 4 linked with billsteins... I dont know if i could build one for that cheap!!

triple6diesel

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
and im not sure the same guy owns it either i believe he parted it out a while ago from what I understand

ToMang07

Reaction score
i want info before I drop 25,000 on a project truck

http://dieselsellerz.com/diesel/trucks/19934

is it worth it? Cant go wrong with rudys diesel right??

Why are you so urgent? Take a chill pill, sit back, and realize that no one here will endorse anything that JJ put together based on the things he said and did on PSA.

THIS_zpsb5f3fc58.png

eng53ine

Reaction score
Will Rudy's not give you any info on the truck they built?

02 ccsb, lariat, 7.3 auto, 4x4, 4" duals, 6637, IH bellowed up pipes, RiffRaff billet wheel.

triple6diesel

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
yes, they have, but what is the history of the truck? Other than it won rudys in 2013 7.70 class? Are twisted diesel trans good? What about the warren injectors and a 10000 pump>?

triple6diesel

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

I have no clue who are you talking about? I just want answers ona possible truck i want to buy? looking for some maturity and answers, not "the last owner was a tool bag" LOL that doesnt answer anything but make members on this forum look shallow LOL:morons:

OBS F350

Reaction score
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Rudy's had never touched this truck. That is the type of person that is selling it. He is a liar and a thief, unless he opens the engine up and you can verify the internal parts I would say it is a stock engine. If you still have trouble grasping what we are saying to you, kindly *** off and let JJ screw you over like the many before you.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I have no clue who are you talking about? I just want answers ona possible truck i want to buy? looking for some maturity and answers, not "the last owner was a tool bag" LOL that doesnt answer anything but make members on this forum look shallow LOL:morons:

Well, the goal of all forum members here is to impress you and do your research for you.

Anything else we can help you with? Laundry?

strokin6L

Reaction score
You said you're looking for a project truck...then you say you want somehing turn key. You do realize that a project truck is just that...a "project truck" right? Something you actually spend time and money on in building. A turn key truck is something that's already built that you don't hafta do anything to. Sounds like you really don't have a clue what you want!

triple6diesel

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Rudy's had never touched this truck. That is the type of person that is selling it. He is a liar and a thief, unless he opens the engine up and you can verify the internal parts I would say it is a stock engine. If you still have trouble grasping what we are saying to you, kindly *** off and let JJ screw you over like the many before you.

actually, Mr. Know it all, The truck currently resides at rudys, with 0 miles and a brand new, .040 over custom pistons with forged H beam RCD rod motor with a brand new trans and converter..... call them and ask if you will....

swing and a miss!

ToMang07

Reaction score
actually, Mr. Know it all, The truck currently resides at rudys, with 0 miles and a brand new, .040 over custom pistons with forged H beam RCD rod motor with a brand new trans and converter..... call them and ask if you will....

swing and a miss!

Then instead of trolling here, go to (and/or) call Rudys.

Reaction score
i want a truck without having to rebuilt it completely. something i can throw a nice turbo on and wax azz like the truck did to MPD the last time it raced. LOL

http://youtu.be/eyr_WgxihAI

Please buy it, then challenge mpd to a race........

Oh and you seem pretty demanding from a forum full of a bunch of people you don't know. Expecting them to do something for you when you clearly only want to ignore what everyone has told you.

Are you sure your not JJ? He acted a lot like you are?

triple6diesel

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Please buy it, then challenge mpd to a race........

Oh and you seem pretty demanding from a forum full of a bunch of people you don't know. Expecting them to do something for you when you clearly only want to ignore what everyone has told you.

Are you sure your not JJ? He acted a lot like you are?

just concerned before I blow 25,000 cash on something custom built.

05stroker350

Reaction score
Go buy it since you're so sure what's done to it. Why keep asking us? You've proved you don't know a damn thing about these trucks and parts (having to ask if a Twisted Diesel trans is good). You don't deserve a truck that runs below a 16.0.

Last edited:

johnp115

Reaction score
yes, they have, but what is the history of the truck? Other than it won rudys in 2013 7.70 class? Are twisted diesel trans good? What about the warren injectors and a 10000 pump>?

You want a 700hp truck and don't even know anything about what you're buying? you want people to give you all the answers, and they know how the owner of the truck conducted business, so then you don't like the answers they give.

Trying to call us shallow when we are actually trying to point you in the right direction.

You want to throw a turbo on and wax MPD? lol I'm sure that'll happen..

Everyone here has tried and is still trying to point you in the right direction but you're 1. in an immediate rush it seems 2. feeling victimized and attacked by comments that are trying to help your decision 3. lashing back out and 4. asking about the truck and then stating everything it has and acting like you know is whole story.

So what're you trying to get at? a **** storm? I'm sure that could happen real quick?
Or do you want real opinions and real guidance on the subject?

triple6diesel

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You want a 700hp truck and don't even know anything about what you're buying? you want people to give you all the answers, and they know how the owner of the truck conducted business, so then you don't like the answers they give.

Trying to call us shallow when we are actually trying to point you in the right direction.

You want to throw a turbo on and wax MPD? lol I'm sure that'll happen..

Everyone here has tried and is still trying to point you in the right direction but you're 1. in an immediate rush it seems 2. feeling victimized and attacked by comments that are trying to help your decision 3. lashing back out and 4. asking about the truck and then stating everything it has and acting like you know is whole story.

So what're you trying to get at? a **** storm? I'm sure that could happen real quick?
Or do you want real opinions and real guidance on the subject?

you have misconstrued my statement, the truck is the same one that waxed MPD in the "grudge race" I read back in the archives in the thread "Who won mpd or JJ". the truck is now for sale with a built motor. I would love to race it but have no ill will towards mpd, just stating that it was the same truck. please dont take it out of context. Just want a bulletproof 6.0 and i figure rudys is the best route to take.

cbf9703

Reaction score
The owner said that the truck had a broken turbine wheel and truck wouldt spool that pass. he coicendentally won rudys that pass 7.70 class apparently.
Winning a 7.70 class at one event is nice, but classes aren't always won by the strongest truck in the field... and if the motor and trans are brand new with 0 miles, you have no guarantee it's going to react the same way with the new set up. Don't make a big purchase based on that.

looking for something turn-key. Rudys has had this truck building it with a full long block, RCD rods, bigger pistons, reduced compression, new heads, 300 hybrids, billet trans and converter, the works... truck only has 100k miles on a brand new motor... Seriously thinking about it... and its 4 linked with billsteins... I dont know if i could build one for that cheap!!
The ad says it was done by rudys diesel and has a brand new short block with RCD rods and new Heads and trans etc with 300 150 hybrids

I actually looked at the ad you posted out of curiosity after seeing how things have escalated. The ad says that the "Truck has just been gone through by Rudy's Diesel Performance. have an 8500.00 tab where they completely went through and replaced the driveline and ANYTHING needing to be replaced, including Brand NEW Oil cooler, all gaskets, O rings and seals."

That should be easy enough to verify with receipts or calling Rudy's. It doesn't say that Rudy's built the engine or why the engine/transmission needed to be rebuilt (and driveline replaced). If the seller only has an $8500 tab that includes replacing the driveline, new oil cooler, gaskets, o rings, seals, etc it doesn't sound like they did the motor.

The ad also says "can include upgraded turbo for the power level you need for additional price" which seems to address some of the questions you are bringing here... Although I'd want to see dyno numbers to back those numbers up if you go based on the seller's word. If you really aren't sure what turbo you want, you might call a shop you respect and talk to them about your goals and see what they would recommend for that setup.

And this may be nit-picky, but what's the big deal about 0 miles? Even the engine builders I know that use an engine dyno to beat the snot out of motors to test them before they go into a truck always run the vehicle once the motor goes in (if it's at the shop and not a crate ship) to be sure there aren't any issues before it goes to the customer... which racks up a few of the break in miles.

johnp115

Reaction score
you have misconstrued my statement, the truck is the same one that waxed MPD in the "grudge race" I read back in the archives in the thread "Who won mpd or JJ". the truck is now for sale with a built motor. I would love to race it but have no ill will towards mpd, just stating that it was the same truck. please dont take it out of context. Just want a bulletproof 6.0 and i figure rudys is the best route to take.

i can throw a nice turbo on and wax azz like the truck did to MPD the last time it raced. LOL

No, you pretty much stated how you're proud that truck "waxed mpd zzz" by adding the LOL face... and i think you don't realize what you're typing.. look at this and tell me how this can go into a sentence together because being "concerned about "blowing 25,000 cash" is an extremely contradicting statement."
just concerned before I blow 25,000 cash on something custom built.

Dude, in all seriousness and petty internet bs aside..
You sound like you know everything about the truck and it is exactly what you want. Whenever someone has said something opposite of what you want to hear you have gotten defensive... So sounds like you want someone to tell you its a good idea to buy it.. so i think that truck will do you perfect and it is everything you want. Goodluck on the purchase and hopefully its everything you have desired.