Why having a filter for the HPOP is a good idea

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I will confirm that statement from personal experience.:fustrate::fustrate:

Didn't know of the difference at the time and the Ford dealer threw the "updated" gasket at me.....Got everything back together and heard a "pop" when tightening things up that sounded like threads grabbing....Got done and fired the truck and had oil spraying everywhere. I got really lucky and John Wood found a welder for me that was able to weld the front cover up in the truck without pulling the motor and it's been fine ever since. Have a little seepage, but nothing to worry about pulling the motor for.

Nobody has a pic of the two gaskets do they?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
hpralg.png

Tom S

Reaction score
The inside lip here is what Frank is talking about removing to use the screened gasket. This also shows a cracked cover from using the wrong gasket.

2757370480095823258S600x600Q85.jpg

fords4life

Reaction score
Exactly where mine cracked except mine ended up coming all the way off. I'm still not sure how the welder was able to get a TIG torch in there and weld it up, but was the best $180 I've ever spent for fixin one of my screw ups.... lol

Big Bore

Reaction score
The inside lip here is what Frank is talking about removing to use the screened gasket.

2757370480095823258S600x600Q85.jpg

A Dremel with a cutoff wheel. Carefully make a cut from the inside at the proper height, once through to the gasket groove simply use the droove as a guide for the wheel to ride on and go slow keeping it away from the opposite side. Mask off the opposite side of the groove and start with a dry clean reservoir and tuck some paper towel down in it. Shop vac thoroughly when done.

Was out all day getting firewood so didn't have a chance to play with the cracked cover I have laying around. Just glad I didnt scrap it yet.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.