Why is my 2015 5" exhaust so raspy sounding?

WatchTryst

Reaction score
The exhaust note on my 2015 running SCT Extreme tune sounds awfully raspy, below is a video of startup and idle sounds. I have seen and heard other trucks similarly configured and they sound noticeably different. :shrug:

Is this normal sounding or do I need my ears checked/ :shrug: LOL

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Here is a link to the video just in case the embedded video above gives any trouble. https://youtu.be/-MOf7jiXy1g

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
we have moved to open veins at idle , sounds mucho better .

Stokt

Reaction score
Is this just a 2015+ thing? My 2012 "hisses" intermittently, but not constantly like in the video.

Notneb

Reaction score
Is this just a 2015+ thing? My 2012 "hisses" intermittently, but not constantly like in the video.

Does it when the engine is cold, helps it warm up. It shouldn't do it if it's warmed up, and the 2012 did the "jet taking off" sound every once in awhile, something about cycling the vanes helping to keep soot build up down? Idfk, but I didn't notice it at all on my 2012, and my 2015 I notice it all the time. Both trucks were/are 5" strait pipes.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I think the hiss at idle sounds mean. However on my latest revision of my tunes p!p I has turned off. I also noticed a great reduction in hiss and raspy note since my muffler/resonator install. I honestly miss the straight pipe. But it is much easier to fly by under the radar without the look at me volume of the straight pipe.

WatchTryst

Reaction score
I think the hiss at idle sounds mean. However on my latest revision of my tunes p!p I has turned off. I also noticed a great reduction in hiss and raspy note since my muffler/resonator install. I honestly miss the straight pipe. But it is much easier to fly by under the radar without the look at me volume of the straight pipe.

I love the sound when on the throttle, but not so much at idle. lol

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I wish *sparton* would turn it off on every single tune regardless of what rev or level or tuner. Just turn it off!! LOL

jwalk09

Reaction score

I like the sound of open vanes with the new punch it tunes. I also have the v8 files with the vanes closed. They will send you them if you prefer the hiss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online