Why the influx of ARP stud jobs leaking?

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
It seems to be popping up more lately, mainly on the ORG. I dont know if its because incompetent people are doing them, as in bad block/head prep, maybe since diesels hit so hard so fast everyone is "working" on them,or maybe the ARPs just are not lasting as long for whatever reason. I know there has to be TONS of people are running them and event he big installers on here have too without issues.. or maybe without issues until now..

What Im wondering is if its worth going with the H11s versus the standard ARPs that everyone uses... Studs are well a do once job hahaha

Last edited:

04stroker

Reaction score
We do studs on a weekly basis even now and only have ever had 2 failures. Once when the customer made me use black onyx gaskets because "he heard they were better" and the other time when we tried the new black diamond gaskets. Only times we have has failures.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Yeah I read that on one of your posts. I found a guy that can do the A1 H11 studs for 645 shipped. Again just wondering if its worth it. The guys that are running the H11 studs from A1 seem to have zero issues.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Not that having 4 studs per cylinder has anything to do with it. :lookaround:

04stroker

Reaction score
H-11's are good studs for sure I actually used them on my old 6.0 with zero issues. But also like I said never had any issues with ARP's themselves just the gasket. ARP gets my vote.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
No doubt haha. When I was trolling the net for H11 info about the studs etc I came across this on a cummins ( uh huh ) forum.. I noticed he said that the H11 steel has an issue with water sooner or later.. I wonder why Elite would have them made and A1 would even make them if they wouldnt last in the engine for well ever... right?

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showpost.php?p=253139&postcount=20

This is the first Ive heard of it.

Does anyone know where the A1 studs are made? USA?

Zmann

Reaction score
if ARPs were indeed failing more
or maybe the ARPs just are not lasting as long for whatever reason
I would challenge you to prove it was the fault of the ARP's

our ARP's are made here in the USA

and

ARP Takes Quality Seriously

ARP achieved ISO 9001 and AS9100 registration in 2009. These registrations represent ARP's unwavering dedication to producing quality fasteners, continually improving our quality management system and delivering total customer satisfaction.

java

Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread. I know I puked with ARP's. That was with a flat block and flat heads. I had elite 185s, stage 1 cam, .040 over pistons, and a VGT-SS. Replaced them with h-11 studs and never had a problem after that. Not saying ARPs are bad, just posting my experience.

Last edited:

bruce

Reaction score
Think about how many more trucks there are with arp's, prolly 10x or greater the number of h11's. That's prolly why you see more.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Zmann, I know they are USA made but do they use 100% USA materials. That's where I get swayed. They don't have to be USA but when you start using india and china as your raws supplier.... That's what I want to know. I emailed ARP, and I'll report back.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
No doubt haha. When I was trolling the net for H11 info about the studs etc I came across this on a cummins ( uh huh ) forum.. I noticed he said that the H11 steel has an issue with water sooner or later.. I wonder why Elite would have them made and A1 would even make them if they wouldnt last in the engine for well ever... right?

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showpost.php?p=253139&postcount=20

This is the first Ive heard of it.

Does anyone know where the A1 studs are made? USA?

Unless you run H20 as a crank-case lubricant, the issues with H11 and water corrosion are irrelevant.
Or do 6.0's really lift heads that much? :poke:

Latest posts

Members online