wierd question

Copenhagen7413

Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question, but I cant seem to find an answer and just need a piece of mind.
I am having issues with the sync doing crazy stuff, for instance its not working right when I answer the phone but it works fine when playing music through the Bluetooth. everything I find on the subject is to do a master reset of the sync system in the settings page. My question is if I do that do I have to worry about corrupting the pcm with my mini maxx hooked up and messing up the tune file on my truck? my truck is ******d and my daily driver and I don't have the time right now for it be out of commission if it does **** up and corrupt the file.

sootie

Reaction score
Sounds like you are overthinking it. What does SYNC care what file is flashed to the ECM?

redneck1

Reaction score
Sounds like you are overthinking it. What does SYNC care what file is flashed to the ECM?
I know very little about this, only whay I've experienced. On my 14 Flex Ecoboost when flashing a tune with my x4, it always resets the Sync. Why, I have no idea. But they seem connected. But it also is a different platform that could operate different, obviously. It seems logical it has to do with an ecm reset.

Op, have you updated your sync system lately or checked for any update?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Codydiesel

Reaction score
Is it a stock h&s tune or is it a custom tune. I have ran into issues with corrupt custom tunes that after a certain number of flashes with a file it will cause all types if issues. I have seen the gps be 20 miles off, a/c issues, radio control issues. I doubt your pcm is corrupt be the file that was shoved in was.

Copenhagen7413

Reaction score
its just the stock h&S can tunes that came with the tuner. I don't think the pcm is corrupted, I have had the tuner on my truck for probably 40k miles. I just didn't know if somehow everything was connected and resetting/updating the sync would or could corrupt the tune files.

BigRed97

Reaction score
Master reset on sync will not affect anything else. The reason sync reloads when flashing the pcm is power to it is cut

Buck1

Reaction score
Has your tuner been updated lately with newer stock files, based on the above information, that might be worth a try as well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online