Will this chip work

goodie85

Reaction score
This might be the wrong section, but if I have a chip for a pmt2 pcm will it work with other pcm codes and what negatives will happen if ran in a different pcm code? For a SD 7.3

goodie85

Reaction score
Im unsure im looking to sell the chip but really dont want to sell it to someone with out knowing 100% if it will work

Vengeance

Reaction score
Chip will work on any federal code late 99-01 automatic 7.3 as it is.

It can always be reburned to the a different code if needed.

goodie85

Reaction score
Ok so a kid bought my chip and his code is NUK4 will it work? He said he plugged it in and the truck wouldnt start

goodie85

Reaction score
So this kid cannot get the chip to work in his pcm, can I take my pmt2 pcm and swap it with his to make it work? Or is it not that simple, my pcm is still in my wrecked truck so it doesnt really bother me to swap pcms if its possible

ToMang07

Reaction score
My guess is either:

A) He's scamming you

or

B) He installed it wrong and/or fried his PCM.

ToMang07

Reaction score
See heres my issue, on the fried pcm part, he said he took the chip out and the truck now works

But does he know what he's doing as far as cleaning the contacts and installing? Plenty of people don't. When I first got a chip years ago I had cleaned mine correctly, but when I reinstalled it the black box the PCM mounts in was putting pressure on the chip just enough to cause me stalls/no starts. Took me weeks to figure it out, and a couple tows. What messed me up was the soon as I removed the chip the truck would work again. I even had sent it back to PHP to have it checked/reburned.

goodie85

Reaction score
I made sure he cleaned the contacts as well but if its getting pressure somewhere id assume its because the black box isnt cut deep enough

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.