window switch

Dan

Reaction score
Just wondering if a 13+ window switch (aasembly) will bolt into a 11-12 and provide thte truck with auto down passenger window? Or is there more to it then a simple switch change?

Thanks in advance

ftast350

Reaction score
You need the switch but I think it's also controlled by either relays or the computer. I know in a 2012 dodge if the window motor is replaced it needs to be programmed for the auto up/down function.

co04cobra

Reaction score
No it won't give you the auto up/down. Switches are different.

Wildman

Reaction score
Trucks equipped with auto windows use what is called a "smart" window motor. If you have a standard window motor, you cannot add this feature by just changing the switch. The window motor actually has it's own logic, which detects the inputs from the switch in order to provide the auto function.

Reaction score
Trucks equipped with auto windows use what is called a "smart" window motor. If you have a standard window motor, you cannot add this feature by just changing the switch. The window motor actually has it's own logic, which detects the inputs from the switch in order to provide the auto function.

So switch and motor and done or more to it?

ftast350

Reaction score
Switch, motor, wiring harness and probably programming. Could fashion up your own with some limit switches but it would be fairly complex.

Clean-15

Reaction score
DEI (directed electronics) makes something called a window module. I forget the model number of the part. It's designed to be hooked to an alarm to allow you to run the windows up and down from your remote. It also could be used stand-alone. It adds auto up and down to two switches. If you want to do all 4, you will need two modules. It's fairly easy to install in the drivers door but you will have to run one power wire if I remember correctly inside the truck. This would be a super simple way to get what you're after. I used to do this for a living and put many in. You won't be disappointed, they work flawlessly. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan

Reaction score
DEI (directed electronics) makes something called a window module. I forget the model number of the part. It's designed to be hooked to an alarm to allow you to run the windows up and down from your remote. It also could be used stand-alone. It adds auto up and down to two switches. If you want to do all 4, you will need two modules. It's fairly easy to install in the drivers door but you will have to run one power wire if I remember correctly inside the truck. This would be a super simple way to get what you're after. I used to do this for a living and put many in. You won't be disappointed, they work flawlessly. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow!! Thanks!! I'lllook that up and Iit soundsexactly like what II'm looking for thanks

Latest posts

Members online