Window tint alternative

dangerous1

Reaction score
Had a friend that had limo tinting on his hotshot truck, kept getting tickets and paying them.

Got pulled over in Maryland and mouthed off to the cop about how they can keep giving tickets and he will keep paying them. Cop came back with a $1100 ticket for being a repeat offender or something like that.

leland88

Reaction score
One response. Dimmable is 1300 ish
For automotive applications, we provide two options.

Option 1: you may provide us the measurements of the rectangle or square that your window fits in. We will provide a pre-wired sheet that you trim to fit and install. We will confirm all wiring locations prior to manufacturing and after payment has been confirmed.

Option 2: You may mail us a template of the window you wish to cover and we will manufacture to your specs. We will confirm all wiring locations prior to manufacturing and after payment has been confirmed.

We Do Not manufacture to any specific make or model.

For Installation videos, please view this link or contact your local window film professional http://shop.smarttint.com/Automotive-Application_b_11.html

E-mail me the measurements and how you would like to operate the material (either standard on/off or dimming system)

The colors available are: White, Light Grey, or Dark Charcoal Grey (Black). If unsure of which color you would like to use, you can purchase a sample using the below listed link (all samples will be credited towards your order of 6 sq ft or more)

http://shop.smarttint.com/FREE-SHIP...s-of-Smart-Tint-with-Remote-Control_p_11.html

We also offer two pre-fab automotive packages that fit most cars:

http://shop.smarttint.com/Smart-Tint-Automotive-package-1_p_4756.html

and

http://shop.smarttint.com/2-Window-dimmer-package-in-grey_p_4717.htm

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Layson

Reaction score
One response. Dimmable is 1300 ish
For automotive applications, we provide two options.

Option 1: you may provide us the measurements of the rectangle or square that your window fits in. We will provide a pre-wired sheet that you trim to fit and install. We will confirm all wiring locations prior to manufacturing and after payment has been confirmed.

Option 2: You may mail us a template of the window you wish to cover and we will manufacture to your specs. We will confirm all wiring locations prior to manufacturing and after payment has been confirmed.

We Do Not manufacture to any specific make or model.

For Installation videos, please view this link or contact your local window film professional http://shop.smarttint.com/Automotive-Application_b_11.html

E-mail me the measurements and how you would like to operate the material (either standard on/off or dimming system)

The colors available are: White, Light Grey, or Dark Charcoal Grey (Black). If unsure of which color you would like to use, you can purchase a sample using the below listed link (all samples will be credited towards your order of 6 sq ft or more)

http://shop.smarttint.com/FREE-SHIP...s-of-Smart-Tint-with-Remote-Control_p_11.html

We also offer two pre-fab automotive packages that fit most cars:

http://shop.smarttint.com/Smart-Tint-Automotive-package-1_p_4756.html

and

http://shop.smarttint.com/2-Window-dimmer-package-in-grey_p_4717.htm

Wow doesn't seem that bad of a deal really... Figured it would be more expensive then that.

leland88

Reaction score
why not reflective tint? cholo it out

The law in my area states no film to be applied to the windows. So I was seeing it there was an other alternative. The smart tint is still illegal were I am but if I could turn it on and off the cops would have a hard time to prove there is tint. if I was to turn In on clear when I went past them they wouldn't have a clue

08Monster

Reaction score
Subd. I've received 7 tint tickets so far with 15% in ND. Fines are only $20, my last one was $500 and a date in court for having so many offenses.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Pffff y'all arguing about tint. I've been pulled over 3 times with the tint on my windshield and they've never said a word about it. Even looking right at the inspection sticker where it's clearly cut right next to the sticker and they've never said a worn.

MorganM

Reaction score
Maybe I overlooked the obvious, but does the smart tint require power to darken?

In other words, is there a constant drain on power when the truck is parked and the tint is activated? Or maybe power is only used for shifting from clear to opaque?

08Monster

Reaction score
Maybe I overlooked the obvious, but does the smart tint require power to darken?

In other words, is there a constant drain on power when the truck is parked and the tint is activated? Or maybe power is only used for shifting from clear to opaque?
It requires power to turn clear.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I spoke with a rep at smart tint.

Sounds like a nice product and the cost is no where near what I expected. (Much cheaper)

I have a local guy that I have always had tint my vehicles and he is looking into doing the install for me with smart tint on my Excursion. Will be doing 20% around the entire rear of the vehicle, which combined with the factory tint will get me really close to 5% limo tint. Then installing the smart tint on the front 2 doors.

Maryland law for my Ex only limits the front 2 doors to 50% so hopefully this will get me around that or worst case I will have to limit it to 50% when driving, but when I park and turn the truck off, it will black out to keep the heat out of my leather seats.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yes Jake! I had limo on several vehicles. Fed them a line of bs everytime. Never had a single problem. Was rolling down I55 going from Chi to St Louis, got pulled over by a state cop, had to rip the shti off or he was going to impound me and fines.

08Monster

Reaction score
I spoke with a rep at smart tint.

Sounds like a nice product and the cost is no where near what I expected. (Much cheaper)

I have a local guy that I have always had tint my vehicles and he is looking into doing the install for me with smart tint on my Excursion. Will be doing 20% around the entire rear of the vehicle, which combined with the factory tint will get me really close to 5% limo tint. Then installing the smart tint on the front 2 doors.

Maryland law for my Ex only limits the front 2 doors to 50% so hopefully this will get me around that or worst case I will have to limit it to 50% when driving, but when I park and turn the truck off, it will black out to keep the heat out of my leather seats.
I've been trying to get them to call me back, never heard anything. What did they quote you?

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I don't have the quote in front of me, but it was going to be about 150 for each window.

There also was a charge for the dc converter, but I don't remember the cost.

I know it is a lot more than normal tint, but the first and only tint ticket I got was for $250 so if this keeps me out of trouble for that, the cost is well spent in my opinion.

Plus the added benefit that the window will be completely blacked out when the truck is parked, so should cut down on the sun heating up the interior and also keep prying eyes from seeing in.

ftast350

Reaction score
There is a law that basically states that if it wasn't an option on that model and year of vehicle then it is illegal. That includes everything and anything aftermarket. At least up here anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strokin64l

Reaction score
I have my front passenger windows tinted at 20%. I have received one ticket already being that it's illegal were I live. What is out there for alternatives to window film? ?

There is a company that makes a film you apply just like tint but you can adjust the darkness With your phone its cool idk that price I will have to look it up and find the name of the company

Latest posts

Members online