Window Tint Questions

David S.

Reaction score
like my windows really dark mine have two sheets of 5% on all the windows and then 20% on the hole front windsheild but I think you would be happy with anything over what you have.

same here. Got double layer on window tint on the four doors and the a 35% tinted windshield. Can't see a thing at night but worth it

young7.3

Reaction score
You can't see jack chit outa whytry's windows.

I got 5% over my factory 20% with 35% over the entire front winshield and like it alot.The guy that did it said it is 2%. Feels like dawn during the middle of the day.You cant see anything but lights out the sides at night.I also like the sides being soo dark because at night i can drive with the windows down just far enough to cover up the headlights behind me so they arent shinning in my eyes, while still getting a good breeze.

KPSquared

Reaction score
I so badly wish we could tint like that here... It's freakin illegal to tint the drivers and passenger side windows at all, and the front can only have a band on top and bottom. Clear windows suck, but tickets from the cops for tint suck more...

I think I need to relocate somewhere I can tint and carry a gun... Dang it Canada... loosen up.

indyF-350psd

Reaction score
i have 20% all around and 50% on the windshield with a 5% sun stripe up top and its a nice combo. not too dark at night and you dont have to wear your sunglasses during the day if you dont want to. my eyes are very light sensitive i tint everything i drive.....

davey99ps

Reaction score
On my ex cab I did 5% on the back, ex cab windows, and the eyebrow, an then I did 20% on the fronts. I loved it, an plan on doin the same on my crew cab now

Mdub707

Reaction score
I so badly wish we could tint like that here... It's freakin illegal to tint the drivers and passenger side windows at all, and the front can only have a band on top and bottom. Clear windows suck, but tickets from the cops for tint suck more...

I think I need to relocate somewhere I can tint and carry a gun... Dang it Canada... loosen up.

Most state's having tint on the front windows is illegal. In NY it is now illegal to have ANY tint on the front two windows. Back you can do whatever you want, but front, no way. It's a fix it ticket though so you can either just mail it in and pay the fine, or peel it off and show up at the police station, have an officer check it out and ticket is thrown out. That or just become friendly with a cop.

Cuzmail

Reaction score
I have 5% all the way around and doubled on the rear windows (just a strip on the windshield) and to be honest its great in the daytime but at night its damn near impossible to safely back into anywhere. :rockon:

Ditto here. 5% in the back and 20%? on the front (Tx state limit). At night, you can forget seeing out the back and rear CC windows - even with extra backup lights. Not good, but an acceptable trade off for a cooler cab in the southeast Texas summer heat and the protection on my KR seats. Oh, and my tint is layered over whatever the factory uses. It is fine and works great.

You need to weigh your night vision out of the 5% windows with the UV protection and heat reduction in the cab.

Shawn

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
I have 5% all the way around and 35% on the windshield, at night it's difficult to see. Wouldn't recommend. But it does help incredibly with the A/C in the summer in AZ.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Got the fronts done, 35% I think, matches the back windows almost perfectly. Wish I had done this a while ago, as all my previous vehicles were tinted.

Latest posts

Members online