Window tint

PDT1081

Reaction score
Whatever you think you can get away with, go ahead and do it!
I work at Ford research in Dearborn Michigan. And I know the facts for production and laws for here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michigan laws do not apply outside the state lines.

Cesar84

Reaction score
20% is closer to factory than 15% is on any vehicle i've been doing tint for 10yrs and 15% looks awkward from inside the vehicle its darker than the factory

smcox1

Reaction score
I work at Ford research in Dearborn Michigan. And I know the facts for production and laws for here.

Specs say it's 15%

Obviously you don't know the facts you had to go read them LOL It also depends on the quality of tint, just because it says it's 20% doesn't mean it's 20%

Koda22

Reaction score
Obviously you don't know the facts you had to go read them LOL It also depends on the quality of tint, just because it says it's 20% doesn't mean it's 20%

I was thinking the same thing...started out being no where close to 20% now specs say 15% lots changed in a few hours.....lol

chadsc

Reaction score
20 is about as close as your going to get.

I had 5 all the way around and 20 down the windshield in my 6.0, super dark. I will most likely do 20 on the front and 50 down the windshield. Stick with ceramic, will lower temps. One thing people dont realize is 20 will look darker with windshield tint than without. Comes to appearance of 15.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
On my OBS, the rear windows are have a bronze OEM tint and have a mirror reflection when viewed from the outside. I had the tint guy do 30% on the front and 35% on the back windows.

I was thinking about doing the same on the 2016. I'm fine with the 30% on the front. Would putting 35% on top of the factory tint make it too dark? Or should I tell the tint guy to do 15%? I don't want to be rolling the window down at night to see.

Or should I do 20% on the front only?

Billy T.
[email protected]
i have 35% on all side and rear windows with a 5% brow on front.. i wish i had it a lil darker on the front sides during the day but it is already at the point that its almost to dark at night while backing up..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

you must not pay attention to Mi state law then.. secretary of state has a lil pamphlet that says that you are not allowed to tint windshield at all and the same goes for the side front windows... some say 3 inches of the top sides is legal but its not...

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I want to do the whole windshield. Probably just gonna do 20 and see how that is. Don't wanna be completely blind at night lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I have had 20 percent on all my cars windshields for years(19). I switched to 35 this truck, during the day I wish I did double layers on sides and 20% on windshield like previous. but, I must be getting old. 35 is pretty good at night, light bar, led rigid fogs and 55w headlights seem normal instead of dim...

STROKERBO

Reaction score
Get it right!
I have printed the Michigan Legislation laws on this. 20% is the darkest allowable on the front side windows and that doesn't mean the top so many inches. It means 20% darkness rating!
No aftermarket tint is allowed by law on the windshield in any case at all. I have taken the printed laws from the State to court and caught and won against the city of Melvindale, Mi.

Nj67

Reaction score
I have had 20 percent on all my cars windshields for years(19). I switched to 35 this truck, during the day I wish I did double layers on sides and 20% on windshield like previous. but, I must be getting old. 35 is pretty good at night, light bar, led rigid fogs and 55w headlights seem normal instead of dim...
Ive decided to do 50 on the windshield. Wifey still takes it out from time to time so gotta leave it a little see through lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Get it right!
I have printed the Michigan Legislation laws on this. 20% is the darkest allowable on the front side windows and that doesn't mean the top so many inches. It means 20% darkness rating!
No aftermarket tint is allowed by law on the windshield in any case at all. I have taken the printed laws from the State to court and caught and won against the city of Melvindale, Mi.

so? who cares what the legal is? he didn't ask what the legal limit was in a state he doesn't live in.... I got stopped in GA, they don't have same limits as FLA. Do I care what them fucckkkin pigs in another state say? NO! I have mine past the legal limit here also. they stop me once a year, hopefully I aint had too much lean...in my yeti cup

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Get it right!

FYI it is 28% on fronts in FLA, THE SUNSHINE STATE!!! SOUND RIGHT TO YOU?

SOUNDS RETARDED TO ME!!!

Got blinds on your house?

Got a PRIVACY FENCE? me too!

bhudson

Reaction score
FYI it is 28% on fronts in FLA, THE SUNSHINE STATE!!! SOUND RIGHT TO YOU?

SOUNDS RETARDED TO ME!!!

Got blinds on your house?

Got a PRIVACY FENCE? me too!
Bingo!!! I'm in AL and mine's limo'd out. Think the limit is 20%, but whatever. Seems like the only people worried about it too much are state patrol, but I've never had a problem and haven't been stopped or anything

Atsah

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question, is there anything I need to know on cleaning aftermarket tint compared to no tinting?

dsberman94

Reaction score
I can't think of the name of the stuff I use at the moment. White aerosol can, comes out like foam. Ammonia free and smells decent. I keep it and a roal of towels behind the back seat

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online