Windows 7.3 installed

njjeep

Reaction score
Had an upipe leak and fixed that today. Started it up reved it to 2 grand and it sounded like a shot gun went off. Now it's got a hole in the block where the pan meets the block. It's on the passenger side front. I drove it 5 miles today was smoking a little never realized must have been a bent rod.

tusugyge.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I got a forged rod 97 block with 200k I'd sell u or 200. No turbo injectors or HPOP ect.....

Located in MD, 21901. May be able to meet u a little closer

Last edited:

thuglike

Reaction score
Sorry for your misfortune.

I will see if my buddy still has his 99 long block and he would like to sell it.

I'll post up tomorrow!! He's located in Egg Harbor.
If he wants to sell I'll be more than happy to go pick it up for/with you.

njjeep

Reaction score
Thanks for all the offers guys. I'm still thinking about what to do as far as, keep the truck how it was and throw another forged rod engine in, or return it to stock and part it out.

Jason, thanks a lot for trying to help me out. I may be calling you in the next few days to figure something out.

Bobby

njjeep

Reaction score
The forged rod engine had 8000 miles on it all together it was a ford reman, It has also had 6 track passes on it 3 with a stock hpop and 3 with the srp1.1. It ran a best of 12.9 with a not so great 60' time.

Josh, I'm very interested I just got called to go back to work today so I will be in Houston for a month, I will contact you this week for more details.

Jason, thanks for looking.

Bobby

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
The forged rod engine had 8000 miles on it all together it was a ford reman, It has also had 6 track passes on it 3 with a stock hpop and 3 with the srp1.1. It ran a best of 12.9 with a not so great 60' time.

Josh, I'm very interested I just got called to go back to work today so I will be in Houston for a month, I will contact you this week for more details.

Jason, thanks for looking.

Bobby

sounds good. Like I said though it is RUSTY... would take a good bit of work but I would call it usable. Just shoot me a pm or something and we can talk

PABowhunter

Reaction score
^^I'd be interested in discussing this. Thinking about running a similar setup myself.

How much of it has to do with tuning?

njjeep

Reaction score
I'm going to pull the engine as soon as I can and will post what I see. Unfortunately that won't be for another month and a half.

puragu6e.jpg

ytebyren.jpg

I'm never going to hear the end of this from my buddy that towed my truck home.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
A dodge pulling a ford is never a good picture. Just give it time. I'm sure you'll return the favor.

It seems quite a few guys running a 468 with nozzles in the 250/200 to 350/200 range have blown motors recently.

bruce

Reaction score
A dodge pulling a ford is never a good picture. Just give it time. I'm sure you'll return the favor.

It seems quite a few guys running a 468 with nozzles in the 250/200 to 350/200 range have blown motors recently.

because 600+ plus horse on stock rods is tough on equipment.

Latest posts

Members online